Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:Deployment Issues - 2017/02/14

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 7 post(s)
CCP Falcon
CCP Falcon

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2017.02.14 11:54:11 - [1] - Quote

Hey guys,

We've encountered several issues during the deployment of the 119.2 release.

Our Operations team is currently working to complete the deployment, resolve the issues, and bring Tranquility back online.

We'll keep you updated with progress in this forum thread, and via the official EVE Status twitter feed.

If the forums become unavailable due to server shudown or database issues, we'll continue updates via twitter.

Apologies for the delayed startup!

UPDATES:

UPDATE - 11:50 UTC - DEPLOYMENT ISSUES ARE CURRENTLY UNDER INVESTIGATION.

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

CCP Falcon
CCP Falcon

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2017.02.14 12:06:57 - [2] - Quote

Dalomar Avalhar wrote:
Are structure timers paused during such an incident?

Vikk Eskaton wrote:
Are Aegis Sov timers and structure timers paused during downtime or do they keep running? Asking for a friend.

Timers continue to run at UTC during downtime.

CCP Lebowski
CCP Lebowski
C C P
C C P Alliance

Posted - 2017.02.14 12:52:44 - [3] - Quote

Capqu wrote:
lmao there isnt even any content what are you failing to deploy
No player facing changes does not mean no changes....

CCP Lebowski | EVE Quality Assurance | Team Five-0

@CCP_Lebowski

CCP Lebowski
CCP Lebowski
C C P
C C P Alliance

Posted - 2017.02.14 12:54:46 - [4] - Quote

Base Instinct wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:
Dalomar Avalhar wrote:
Are structure timers paused during such an incident?

Vikk Eskaton wrote:
Are Aegis Sov timers and structure timers paused during downtime or do they keep running? Asking for a friend.

Timers continue to run at UTC during downtime.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Eve/comments/4h9cny/questionif_citadel_anchoring_complete_just_before/

CCP Nularbor said the following

Quote:
If the repair is interrupted by downtime it is restarted after downtime (full 15 minutes). This makes setting your vulnerability or anchoring just before downtime a little more risky than the other hours of the day.

Which is it? Has this changed?

SOV timers continue, structure repair timers restart after downtime.

@CCP_Lebowski

CCP Lebowski
CCP Lebowski
C C P
C C P Alliance

Posted - 2017.02.14 13:17:58 - [5] - Quote

Milana Ormand wrote:
Maybe its just me, but why does it work on the test server.... and not on tranq.? Is that not the point of a 'test' server?

I've posted this in various forms elsewhere, but it seems like a good idea to post here too:

"CCP should have tested this themselves/I can't believe this got past testing/do you even QA bro?"

For each release, there will have been various different testing passes performed, including testing of new features and their affected areas by team QAs such as myself, automated unit testing, testing of the entire broad EVE functionality by our awesome outsourced partners in Scotland, and public testing with you guys on Singularity. Even with these and other tests ongoing during our development cycle, the sheer scale and complexity of EVE will mean that there will never be 100% coverage. Singularity cannot always catch issues like this just due to the fact that the test server can never truly match TQ in terms of sheer scale, so sometimes these things are unavoidable. Additionally, the way different test environments start up can be drastically different, meaning that sometimes start up problems are very difficult to catch.

All that being said I'm in no way excusing ourselves from culpability for these issues and we're always trying to move Singularity and our other test environments closer to TQ to avoid this in the future. Apologies for the inconvenience this may have caused and thanks for your patience!

@CCP_Lebowski

CCP Falcon
CCP Falcon

Posted - 2017.02.14 13:41:43 - [6] - Quote

Ncc 1709 wrote:
no alliance logo updates?
been waiting 4 months without any update on them

Alliance logo updates are not tied to feature releases. They occur when we have a large enough group of logos to warrant an upload.

The next group will be uploaded at some point in the next two weeks, they're currently being processed.

CCP Lebowski
CCP Lebowski
C C P
C C P Alliance

Posted - 2017.02.14 16:29:23 - [7] - Quote

md5oogle wrote:
It's been 3hrs with no update and I still cannot log into a stuck system. (Sieh) On the plus side, I guess I can look forward to the free skillpoints
This and all other stuck systems (Aside from Arifsdald) should now be up and running again! Sorry for the wait and thanks for the patience.

@CCP_Lebowski

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,03s, ref 20240601/0606
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.