Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:Unscheduled Downtime - 2016/01/10

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 3 post(s)
Bruce Kemp
Bruce Kemp
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2017.01.10 13:07:32 - [181] - Quote

You had one job... P

-áIf people played EVE as much as they posted rubbish on these forums, they might enjoy the game.

Juggernautus
Juggernautus
We Are Down Syndrome
inPanic

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2017.01.10 13:07:49 - [182] - Quote

Hope so maybe a few million free SP that would make are day that for sureP
s0ft
s0ft
Free Space Tech
Pure Blind Cartel

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:07:53 - [183] - Quote

come on, where is boobs!? :-)
Dr Blake
Dr Blake
Chaos Gate Keepers

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:08:00 - [184] - Quote

How can we help CCP? May be 1,000,000 pizza in office?
Tynne Mynne
Tynne Mynne
University of Caille
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:09:01 - [185] - Quote

try gently jiggling the power cord to the server, that has worked for me once.
Akis Talanas
Akis Talanas
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:09:07 - [186] - Quote

Darien Stark wrote:
Builder Pareleru wrote:
I admire the consistency of the bugs with each patch , may be it is time you guys return the original developers , just saying . It is programming 101 - rollback procedures , testing before deploying etc.

If you've never tested an app, rolled it onto staging, tested it again, tested it on staging with live integrations and then rolled it out to production to find a bug that wasn't identified in any of the prior testing, then I'm afraid you're working on smaller simple ****.

This stuff happens, especially with legacy databases, 10 years of legacy code etc...

The fact that they can roll back to the previous release clearly shows they have a rollback procedure, otherwise we'd all be sat for days watching hotfixes go out to try to get the production environment stable again.

It really annoys me when people make condescending comments about the CCP dev team, they are by far one of the best I've come across in the industry.

Don't explain that......for some people it's turning on the computer and if it don't works there is only ONE reason :all that are reponsable for a game are idiots....

Why?

Because he can't play and know it all better :D
Koebmand
Koebmand
Silverflames

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:09:25 - [187] - Quote

Fappp wrote:
[quote=Builder Pareleru] It is programming 101 - rollback procedures

If you had rollback procedures in programming 101, you don't know what it is.

So let me explain: Rollback means you undo all changes to the database for a certain amount of time. This includes people getting faction drops, very valuable cargo making it safely to Jita, SP gained and so many more things.

How happy do you think the players would be if CCP did this?
Luspy Corsa
Luspy Corsa
Anger of the Darkness
Shadow of xXDEATHXx

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:09:45 - [188] - Quote

s0ft wrote:

DEPLOYING BOOBS
Akis Talanas
Akis Talanas
Caldari State

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:10:47 - [189] - Quote

Koebmand wrote:
Fappp wrote:
[quote=Builder Pareleru] It is programming 101 - rollback procedures

If you had rollback procedures in programming 101, you don't know what it is.

So let me explain: Rollback means you undo all changes to the database for a certain amount of time. This includes people getting faction drops, very valuable cargo making it safely to Jita, SP gained and so many more things.

How happy do you think the players would be if CCP did this?

Depends on what is more important for you...a few people annoyed or a stable server?
zeinth Friend
zeinth Friend
Biotic Factor

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:11:04 - [190] - Quote

Alot of slob nobbers on here
Akis Talanas
Akis Talanas
Caldari State

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:11:34 - [191] - Quote

Luspy Corsa wrote:
s0ft wrote:

DEPLOYING BOOBS

If you have some show us..... :-)
Fabada Asturiana23
Fabada Asturiana23
Refugiados

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:11:44 - [192] - Quote

CCP please use NANITE PASTE
HapomapT
HapomapT
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:11:47 - [193] - Quote

Keep fighting the good fight, guys. We believe in you. Smile

Please, pet the chinchillas and give them a couple of brandy on my behalf. They need some rest as well. Blink
xavier69
xavier69
Stark Enterprises LLC

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:12:00 - [194] - Quote

I would assume the CCP staff first task at every down time is to first save the server before updating it.
So rolling back shouldn't involve the loss of anything.
Pannah Nasale
Pannah Nasale
Pandemic Horde Inc.
Pandemic Horde

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:12:25 - [195] - Quote

I bet that Aura did it for revenge.....
Chitose Ayakawa
Chitose Ayakawa
Eagle Construction Worx

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:12:27 - [196] - Quote

xavier69 wrote:
Quote:
CCP Falcon

[

Improvement Suggestions Industry UI Improvements

The completed jobs tab in industry can you please offer the option to Shift Left Click or Ctr Left Click multiply jobs for delivery at once? Currently we are forced to click deliver for every job over and over and over. This would be similar to forcing us to remove objects from a container one at a time.

Sorry to break this for you - but there is a VERY PROMINENT "DELIVER ALL" Button either above or below the list of single Deliveries .... one click and all done jobs get delivered once you are in range
zeinth Friend
zeinth Friend
Biotic Factor

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:12:27 - [197] - Quote

Come on CCP this is your JOB a job we would all want.............no sympathy lets go!
Demonspawn 666
Demonspawn 666
The Dirty Rejects
ChaosTheory.

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:12:28 - [198] - Quote

Am I helping things by constantly trying to log in?

I bet I am! Off to spam the login button some more!

Cool

The Dirty Rejects are recruiting!
Come play with me...... I like being played with!

Lattimer Larkin
Lattimer Larkin
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:12:45 - [199] - Quote

Well, I saw the launcher change from offline to VIP mode... progress?
Davos Skyworth
Davos Skyworth
Nosce te Ipsum Cooperative

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:12:53 - [200] - Quote

Tranquility in vip mode
http://imgur.com/a/r5mnX
Blunt Blazer
Blunt Blazer
Lowsec Liberty Miners
The Independent Mining Guild

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:13:02 - [201] - Quote

Am I too late for free SP-+
sakura12
sakura12
The Twelve Sages of New Eden

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:13:08 - [202] - Quote

THATS IT. Ima start playing pennies in the REAL stock market now. At least when IT crashes, there's money to be made...
Vexxas Tarokin
Vexxas Tarokin

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:13:27 - [203] - Quote

Darien Stark wrote:
Builder Pareleru wrote:
I admire the consistency of the bugs with each patch , may be it is time you guys return the original developers , just saying . It is programming 101 - rollback procedures , testing before deploying etc.

If you've never tested an app, rolled it onto staging, tested it again, tested it on staging with live integrations and then rolled it out to production to find a bug that wasn't identified in any of the prior testing, then I'm afraid you're working on smaller simple ****.

This stuff happens, especially with legacy databases, 10 years of legacy code etc...

The fact that they can roll back to the previous release clearly shows they have a rollback procedure, otherwise we'd all be sat for days watching hotfixes go out to try to get the production environment stable again.

It really annoys me when people make condescending comments about the CCP dev team, they are by far one of the best I've come across in the industry.

^^^^^^
THIS

Making New Eden a safer place, One frozen corpse at a time.

Akis Talanas
Akis Talanas
Caldari State

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:13:31 - [204] - Quote

HapomapT wrote:
Keep fighting the good fight, guys. We believe in you. Smile

Please, pet the chinchillas and give them a couple of brandy on my behalf. They need some rest as well. Blink

dam i first read a couple of BRANDINGS.....

poor chinchillas.....
Hexion Deteis
Hexion Deteis
Rogue Meddlers

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:13:43 - [205] - Quote

Fappp wrote:
Nyx Viliana wrote:

Hi there,

As someone who has played eve for years now, welcome.

CCP have done a wonderful job over the years, patches for the most part go much smoother now. I can remember when eve was down for hours and hours at a time. So rest assured. This is not common and it is not usually this bad.

Welcome to eve, and may Bob have mercy on your soul

Thanks for the warm welcome!
Ofcourse I heard of EVE, and about 6 years ago I first tried it. Got some kids who needed to be fed, so that kept me away. Now I'm back to play it good! :D

Thought I was the only one.. Good luck - and if I see you on the Overview I'll go for you first ;)
Lillli
Lillli
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:13:54 - [206] - Quote

Austinenks Inkura wrote:

Thank You!! Its entertain
Mercuria Dallocort
Mercuria Dallocort
Ebola City
Smile 'n' Wave

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:13:57 - [207] - Quote

Tynne Mynne wrote:
try gently jiggling the power cord to the server, that has worked for me once.

It works for everybody and for everything
s0ft
s0ft
Free Space Tech
Pure Blind Cartel

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:14:16 - [208] - Quote

Luspy Corsa wrote:
s0ft wrote:

DEPLOYING BOOBS

CCP DEPLOYING BOOBS ! Cool
Tickles TheClown
Tickles TheClown
Murder Won

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:15:05 - [209] - Quote

Please don't remove my favorite pop-up window , "You can't do that while warping," during the fix. It always materializes right when I go to warp.
Luspy Corsa
Luspy Corsa
Anger of the Darkness
Shadow of xXDEATHXx

Posted - 2017.01.10 13:15:09 - [210] - Quote

PsyLocibens wrote:
I hope we get like 10~15 million SP

Greedy one...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,08s, ref 20240429/1609
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.