Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 30 40 50 60 70 [80] 90 100 .. 100 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 42 post(s)
jamesw
jamesw

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2005.11.07 12:09:00 - [2371]

Where are the skills listed?? I am really keen to check them out!
--
jamesw
Rubra Libertas Militia
NEW Vid: Bobbing for Xelas
jamesw
jamesw
Rubra Libertas Militia

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2005.11.07 12:09:00 - [2372]

Where are the skills listed?? I am really keen to check them out!
--

Latest Vid: Domination!
j0sephine
j0sephine

Posted - 2005.11.07 12:19:00 - [2373]

"Where are the skills listed?? I am really keen to check them out!"

The original dev blog has them, although without any numbers...

* Drone Navigation - Increaseses the velocity of drones, is also required to control the stasis webifying drones

* Drone Durability - Increases the hitpoints of all drones

* Repair Drone Operation - Increases efficiency of shield transporting and armor repairing drones, is also needed to use those drones

* Electronic Warfare Drone Interfacing - Increases drone control range of all drones, is also needed to control EWAR drones.

* Sentry drones Interfacing - Increases damage of all sentry drones, also needed to control sentry drones
j0sephine
j0sephine
Caldari
Reikoku
Band of Brothers

Posted - 2005.11.07 12:19:00 - [2374]

"Where are the skills listed?? I am really keen to check them out!"

The original dev blog has them, although without any numbers...

* Drone Navigation - Increaseses the velocity of drones, is also required to control the stasis webifying drones

* Drone Durability - Increases the hitpoints of all drones

* Repair Drone Operation - Increases efficiency of shield transporting and armor repairing drones, is also needed to use those drones

* Electronic Warfare Drone Interfacing - Increases drone control range of all drones, is also needed to control EWAR drones.

* Sentry drones Interfacing - Increases damage of all sentry drones, also needed to control sentry drones
Steven Dynahir
Steven Dynahir

Posted - 2005.11.07 12:21:00 - [2375]

Originally by: Pottsey
Edited by: Pottsey on 07/11/2005 11:46:16
ôHowever on this occasion they are alittle askew.
50% of Shields +
50% of Armour +
50% of Structure = 50% of drone hp not 150%
There is a significant drop is surviability.ö

What mean is a lot of people think its just 50% to shield or 50% to amour. But its not itÆs 50% to each.

I didnÆt write it the best way but 50% to each is a lot better then 50% to one. On top of that there is a new skill so its really 75% to each not 50% which everyone is using, assuming its a 5% per level skill.

There is quite a big difference between just 50% to shield or 75% to shield, amour and Structure.

I believe a lot of people will be happier with the change once they realize its 75% to all 3, on top of the speed increase which makes the drones harder to hit.

x2=x1*1.5
y2=y1*1.5
z2=z1*1.5

Difference is then

x2+y2+z2
D= --------
x1+y1+z1

so

1.5*x1 + 1.5*y1 + 1.5*z1
D= ------------------------
x1 + y1 + z1

so

1.5*(x1+y1+z1)
D= --------------
1*(x1+y1+z1)

so

D = 1.5 / 1 = 1.5

And therefore difference in persentage is 150%, which means that single drone get boosted by 50%.

But when combined with Drone Carriers this comes to into a different matter...

Hp1 = 15 * x1
Hp2 = 5 * x2
x2 = 1.5* x1

Which means that

Dhp = Hp2 / Hp1 = (5*1.5*x1)/(15*x1) = (7.5*x1)/(15*x1) = 7.5/15 = 0.5

Which means, that in case of Drone Carriers.. The hitpoints got "upgraded" to half of the original.

---
SigPl/HQ&Log Coy/MNB(C)/KFOR
Steven Dynahir
Steven Dynahir
Gallente
Avaruuslaivanrakentajat Oyj

Posted - 2005.11.07 12:21:00 - [2376]

Originally by: Pottsey
Edited by: Pottsey on 07/11/2005 11:46:16
ôHowever on this occasion they are alittle askew.
50% of Shields +
50% of Armour +
50% of Structure = 50% of drone hp not 150%
There is a significant drop is surviability.ö

What mean is a lot of people think its just 50% to shield or 50% to amour. But its not itÆs 50% to each.

I didnÆt write it the best way but 50% to each is a lot better then 50% to one. On top of that there is a new skill so its really 75% to each not 50% which everyone is using, assuming its a 5% per level skill.

There is quite a big difference between just 50% to shield or 75% to shield, amour and Structure.

I believe a lot of people will be happier with the change once they realize its 75% to all 3, on top of the speed increase which makes the drones harder to hit.

x2=x1*1.5
y2=y1*1.5
z2=z1*1.5

Difference is then

x2+y2+z2
D= --------
x1+y1+z1

so

1.5*x1 + 1.5*y1 + 1.5*z1
D= ------------------------
x1 + y1 + z1

so

1.5*(x1+y1+z1)
D= --------------
1*(x1+y1+z1)

so

D = 1.5 / 1 = 1.5

And therefore difference in persentage is 150%, which means that single drone get boosted by 50%.

But when combined with Drone Carriers this comes to into a different matter...

Hp1 = 15 * x1
Hp2 = 5 * x2
x2 = 1.5* x1

Which means that

Dhp = Hp2 / Hp1 = (5*1.5*x1)/(15*x1) = (7.5*x1)/(15*x1) = 7.5/15 = 0.5

Which means, that in case of Drone Carriers.. The hitpoints got "upgraded" to half of the original.

---
Sell orders
Recruitment
Pottsey
Pottsey

Posted - 2005.11.07 12:22:00 - [2377]

ö50% to each, means
15+15+15=45ö

As Rex Martell point out I was factoring in the new skills all drone pilots will get them to at least level 3 though I used level 5 in my math.

öWhere are the skills listed?? I am really keen to check them out!ö
The first drone dev blog has some test in bold saying ôHow about skillsö. At a glance it looks like the skills are just to use the new drones but they have secondry effects like

ôElectronic Warfare Drone Interfacing - Increases drone control range of all drones, is also needed to control EWAR drones.ö

Gallente
Enheduanni Foundation

Posted - 2005.11.07 12:22:00 - [2378]

Edited by: Pottsey on 07/11/2005 12:28:44
ö50% to each, means
15+15+15=45ö

As Rex Martell point out I was factoring in the new skills all drone pilots will get them to at least level 3 though I used level 5 in my math.

öWhere are the skills listed?? I am really keen to check them out!ö
The first drone dev blog has some test in bold saying ôHow about skillsö. At a glance it looks like the skills are just to use the new drones but they have secondry effects like

ôElectronic Warfare Drone Interfacing - Increases drone control range of all drones, is also needed to control EWAR drones.ö

ôx2=x1*1.5
y2=y1*1.5
z2=z1*1.5ö

How many times to I have to say its 50% base hitpoints incrase and on top of that you get new skills which we assume are 5%. So replace 1.5 with 1.75.

Difference is then more then a 50% hitpoint bonus. Even if I am wrong and 5% per level is 2 or 3% per level its still more then a 50% hitpoint bonus.

Passive shield tanking guide click here
j0sephine
j0sephine

Posted - 2005.11.07 12:29:00 - [2379]

Edited by: j0sephine on 07/11/2005 12:29:54

"Which means, that in case of Drone Carriers.. The hitpoints got "upgraded" to half of the original."

That's per wave; overall, this would be 15 * 1.5 = 22.5 worth of drones hp vs 30, i.e. 75% of original amount.

however... reading blog ftw:

(Dominix)

"The durability would still be, assuming 50% increase in drone hitpoints, 7.5 effective drones but it wouldn't be that unrealistic that these ships would also get drone hitpoint bonuses lets say 10% per level which means that with Gallente Battleship at level 5 the drones would have 2.25 times the hitpoint of the drones before the changes, that is combined hitpoints of 5 drones with Gallente Battleship level 5 would be the same as 11.25 drones before the changes."

so:

5 new drones = 11.25 old drones
15 new drones = 33.75 old drones

resulting in overall 12.5% increase of drone hp for the drone carrier. Before the durability skill is even included, btw.
j0sephine
j0sephine
Caldari
Reikoku
Band of Brothers

Posted - 2005.11.07 12:29:00 - [2380]

Edited by: j0sephine on 07/11/2005 12:29:54

"Which means, that in case of Drone Carriers.. The hitpoints got "upgraded" to half of the original."

That's per wave; overall, this would be 15 * 1.5 = 22.5 worth of drones hp vs 30, i.e. 75% of original amount.

(Dominix)

"The durability would still be, assuming 50% increase in drone hitpoints, 7.5 effective drones but it wouldn't be that unrealistic that these ships would also get drone hitpoint bonuses lets say 10% per level which means that with Gallente Battleship at level 5 the drones would have 2.25 times the hitpoint of the drones before the changes, that is combined hitpoints of 5 drones with Gallente Battleship level 5 would be the same as 11.25 drones before the changes."

so:

resulting in overall 12.5% increase of drone hp for the drone carrier. Before the durability skill is even included, btw.
Steven Dynahir
Steven Dynahir

Posted - 2005.11.07 12:50:00 - [2381]

Quote:
Quote:

Per drone we get upgrade, per wave we get downgrade, per drone bay we get upgrade.

Now what is doing the fight? Those drones that are in the drone bay, or those that are in the wave attacking the enemy?

Drones in the wave are the ones that count.

Quote:

(Dominix)

so:

Yup, that is if the drone carriers get the +10% bonus. You clearly see, that the drones in a fight will be at 75% of their former strenght (11.25/15 = 0.75).

In other words:

- If no bonus for drone carriers, then enemy can kill the drone waves in half of the time it used to take.

- If a +10% bonus for drone carriers, then enemy can kill the drone waves in 3/4 of the time it used to take.

P.S. And calculating to new system the new skills, which could have been on top of the old system, is missleading.
---
SigPl/HQ&Log Coy/MNB(C)/KFOR
Steven Dynahir
Steven Dynahir
Gallente
Avaruuslaivanrakentajat Oyj

Posted - 2005.11.07 12:50:00 - [2382]

Quote:
Quote:

Per drone we get upgrade, per wave we get downgrade, per drone bay we get upgrade.

Now what is doing the fight? Those drones that are in the drone bay, or those that are in the wave attacking the enemy?

Drones in the wave are the ones that count.

Quote:

(Dominix)

so:

Yup, that is if the drone carriers get the +10% bonus. You clearly see, that the drones in a fight will be at 75% of their former strenght (11.25/15 = 0.75).

In other words:

- If no bonus for drone carriers, then enemy can kill the drone waves in half of the time it used to take.

- If a +10% bonus for drone carriers, then enemy can kill the drone waves in 3/4 of the time it used to take.

P.S. And calculating to new system the new skills, which could have been on top of the old system, is missleading.
---
Sell orders
Recruitment
j0sephine
j0sephine

Posted - 2005.11.07 13:03:00 - [2383]

"Now what is doing the fight? Those drones that are in the drone bay, or those that are in the wave attacking the enemy?"

Both; the drones from bay are used as replacements for the ones in wave which are killed.
j0sephine
j0sephine
Caldari
Reikoku
Band of Brothers

Posted - 2005.11.07 13:03:00 - [2384]

"Now what is doing the fight? Those drones that are in the drone bay, or those that are in the wave attacking the enemy?"

Both; the drones from bay are used as replacements for the ones in wave which are killed.
jamesw
jamesw

Posted - 2005.11.07 13:12:00 - [2385]

TBH people hardly ever try and manually shoot down drones individually. Even if they do so after the patch, you still have time to change tactic to compensate.

The total amount of HP may be reduced, but overall drone usability and reliability is increased.
--
jamesw
Rubra Libertas Militia
NEW Vid: Bobbing for Xelas
jamesw
jamesw
Rubra Libertas Militia

Posted - 2005.11.07 13:12:00 - [2386]

TBH people hardly ever try and manually shoot down drones individually. Even if they do so after the patch, you still have time to change tactic to compensate.

The total amount of HP may be reduced, but overall drone usability and reliability is increased.
--

Latest Vid: Domination!
Rex Martell
Rex Martell

Posted - 2005.11.07 13:24:00 - [2387]

ummmm

One Dominix
Five Sentry Drones
Large remote Armour repairer's depending on Sentry Drone HP's
repair as needed.

"The object of war is not to die for your corp, but to make the other b@##@#d die for his"
Rex Martell
Rex Martell
Caldari

Posted - 2005.11.07 13:24:00 - [2388]

ummmm

One Dominix
Five Sentry Drones
Large remote Armour repairer's depending on Sentry Drone HP's
repair as needed.

"The object of war is not to die for your corp, but to make the other b@##@#d die for his"
j0sephine
j0sephine

Posted - 2005.11.07 13:43:00 - [2389]

Edited by: j0sephine on 07/11/2005 13:43:41

"TBH people hardly ever try and manually shoot down drones individually. Even if they do so after the patch, you still have time to change tactic to compensate."

I'd typically use my own drones for that, but since post-patch i'll be getting 20-40% damage ouput hit to them, this loss more than evens out possible per-wave hp difference target drones might have :<
j0sephine
j0sephine
Caldari
Reikoku
Band of Brothers

Posted - 2005.11.07 13:43:00 - [2390]

Edited by: j0sephine on 07/11/2005 13:43:41

"TBH people hardly ever try and manually shoot down drones individually. Even if they do so after the patch, you still have time to change tactic to compensate."

I'd typically use my own drones for that, but since post-patch i'll be getting 20-40% damage ouput hit to them, this loss more than evens out possible per-wave hp difference target drones might have :<
TheKiller8
TheKiller8

Posted - 2005.11.07 13:48:00 - [2391]

Well I'll very much miss scaring my victims with a large cloud of angry drones.. but then again 5 Tech2 Drones are considerably cheaper than 15 Tech2 Drones. So I guess that's alright.

TheKiller8
TheKiller8
Caldari
Deep Core Mining Inc.

Posted - 2005.11.07 13:48:00 - [2392]

Well I'll very much miss scaring my victims with a large cloud of angry drones.. but then again 5 Tech2 Drones are considerably cheaper than 15 Tech2 Drones. So I guess that's alright.

I AM LEAVING AND SELLING MY LAST FLASH MOVIE! BID HERE!!
Ralitge boyter
Ralitge boyter

Posted - 2005.11.07 14:01:00 - [2393]

Edited by: Ralitge boyter on 07/11/2005 14:02:39

First of all I would like to say to Pottsey that your math is no match for most of the posters here. Smile

Ok, a drone is now (near future) 150% stronger. They can be made faster and even stronger with more skills. So drones will be the secondairy weapon of chooice for any half baked pilot out there.

I am worried we might see a lot more drones out there than we do now as by the looks of it soonÖ drones are going to be the mandatory thing for every noob to train.

At least get the 5 basic gunnery drones, and their speed and hitpoint skills to lvl4, you silly noob.

Isn't CCP getting a little worried about all the none specialization skills that are now needed to be a average pilot?
-------------------------------------------
Should you disagree with me, well I guess that is because I disagree with you. If you have a problem with that please feel free not to tell me.
Ralitge boyter
Ralitge boyter
Minmatar
NxT LeveL

Posted - 2005.11.07 14:01:00 - [2394]

Edited by: Ralitge boyter on 07/11/2005 14:02:39

First of all I would like to say to Pottsey that your math is no match for most of the posters here. Smile

Ok, a drone is now (near future) 150% stronger. They can be made faster and even stronger with more skills. So drones will be the secondairy weapon of chooice for any half baked pilot out there.

I am worried we might see a lot more drones out there than we do now as by the looks of it soonÖ drones are going to be the mandatory thing for every noob to train.

At least get the 5 basic gunnery drones, and their speed and hitpoint skills to lvl4, you silly noob.

Isn't CCP getting a little worried about all the none specialization skills that are now needed to be a average pilot?
-------------------------------------------
Should you disagree with me, well I guess that is because I disagree with you. If you have a problem with that please feel free not to tell me.
Pottsey
Pottsey

Posted - 2005.11.07 14:05:00 - [2395]

ôP.S. And calculating to new system the new skills, which could have been on top of the old system, is missleading.ö
ItÆs not missing leading as long as you say what you are doing. If CCP say your getting a new drone with +50% HP and a new skill with +HP% per level on top of the 50% then its perfectly fair and reasonable to compare the current system with the new system and the new skills.

Apart from the first day few people are going go around without the new skills.

All these arguments saying drones are getting a 50% hitpoint bonus so itÆs a nerf seem invalid to me. As in game combat the drones get more then a 50% hitpoint bonus perhaps as much as a 75% bonus on all ships and 100%+ on drone ships if they implant +10% HP per level. Very few drone pilots after the first few days will go around without the new skills.

ItÆs wrong to look at half the new stuff and call it a nerf when if you look at all the new stuff it turns out to be a large boost.

Sure if you only look at half the new stuff it might be a nerf but what matters is everything as a hole and everything thatÆs being added will make the new drones better then the old drones.

If we where getting the new drones without the new skills I would agree itÆs a nerf. But the skills are going to turn it into a boost.

Gallente
Enheduanni Foundation

Posted - 2005.11.07 14:05:00 - [2396]

ôP.S. And calculating to new system the new skills, which could have been on top of the old system, is missleading.ö
ItÆs not missing leading as long as you say what you are doing. If CCP say your getting a new drone with +50% HP and a new skill with +HP% per level on top of the 50% then its perfectly fair and reasonable to compare the current system with the new system and the new skills.

Apart from the first day few people are going go around without the new skills.

All these arguments saying drones are getting a 50% hitpoint bonus so itÆs a nerf seem invalid to me. As in game combat the drones get more then a 50% hitpoint bonus perhaps as much as a 75% bonus on all ships and 100%+ on drone ships if they implant +10% HP per level. Very few drone pilots after the first few days will go around without the new skills.

ItÆs wrong to look at half the new stuff and call it a nerf when if you look at all the new stuff it turns out to be a large boost.

Sure if you only look at half the new stuff it might be a nerf but what matters is everything as a hole and everything thatÆs being added will make the new drones better then the old drones.

If we where getting the new drones without the new skills I would agree itÆs a nerf. But the skills are going to turn it into a boost.

Passive shield tanking guide click here
Nekhad Jormuzzar
Nekhad Jormuzzar

Posted - 2005.11.07 14:20:00 - [2397]

Originally by: Ralitge boyter
Quite the contrary. Every single bit of math she has posted in this thread is wrong.

a) +50% of each defensive layer != +150% total.

b) If bays were halved a 75% boost would mean loss of total hp. It would need a 100% boost to get even.

In the end it all boils down to one thing: are people going to manually target drones? We shall see when the changes hit Sisi.
Nekhad Jormuzzar
Nekhad Jormuzzar

Posted - 2005.11.07 14:20:00 - [2398]

Originally by: Ralitge boyter
Quite the contrary. Every single bit of math she has posted in this thread is wrong.

a) +50% of each defensive layer != +150% total.

b) If bays were halved a 75% boost would mean loss of total hp. It would need a 100% boost to get even.

In the end it all boils down to one thing: are people going to manually target drones? We shall see when the changes hit Sisi.
Rex Martell
Rex Martell

Posted - 2005.11.07 15:00:00 - [2399]

People do not currently by default target enemy drones as the reward for killing a single drone is not sufficient to justify the time spent doing so.

With 5 drones max there may be an argument for the benefit of destroying enemy drones first, but not a very good one.

Against a typical BattleShip drones are the secondary threat so killing them first is a waste time.

Against a Drone Carrier piloted by a well skilled drone specialist it may infact be even less effective. WHY? Because effectively the carrying capacity of the carrier has been increased. Agaist a dominix you would need to kill 10 drones before achieving an effective drop in drone damage output. This is assumeing the Dominix is not drain, Jamming shooting you. Or worse still buffing its own drones and repairing them.

There is the issue of "time to target" however drones are typically a close range weapon if the Drone carrier closes on it target quickly reinforcement drones should begin fireing almost immediately upon being launched. (Being close to target also means you can Web Paint Scramble Jam and drain you target, and if neccessary remotely repair you drones.)

Drone - lub - painters and Webbies.

Rex Martell
Rex Martell
Caldari

Posted - 2005.11.07 15:00:00 - [2400]

People do not currently by default target enemy drones as the reward for killing a single drone is not sufficient to justify the time spent doing so.

With 5 drones max there may be an argument for the benefit of destroying enemy drones first, but not a very good one.

Against a typical BattleShip drones are the secondary threat so killing them first is a waste time.

Against a Drone Carrier piloted by a well skilled drone specialist it may infact be even less effective. WHY? Because effectively the carrying capacity of the carrier has been increased. Agaist a dominix you would need to kill 10 drones before achieving an effective drop in drone damage output. This is assumeing the Dominix is not drain, Jamming shooting you. Or worse still buffing its own drones and repairing them.

There is the issue of "time to target" however drones are typically a close range weapon if the Drone carrier closes on it target quickly reinforcement drones should begin fireing almost immediately upon being launched. (Being close to target also means you can Web Paint Scramble Jam and drain you target, and if neccessary remotely repair you drones.)

Drone - lub - painters and Webbies.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 30 40 50 60 70 [80] 90 100 .. 100 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,25s, ref 20240518/2259
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.