Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: [1] 2 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s)
Tedanyaki
Tedanyaki

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2004.07.23 09:56:00 - [1]

Ok i am very new to the game and i want to get straight in there (STarted yesterday) so far i have completed all training missions for your starting agent. I am just about to start mining and i bought a Basic Mining Drone...

What i want to know is how do i use it? does it store its own ore or does it put it into my cargo hold, just basically how do i use it and how does it work?
Tedanyaki
Tedanyaki

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2004.07.23 09:56:00 - [2]

Ok i am very new to the game and i want to get straight in there (STarted yesterday) so far i have completed all training missions for your starting agent. I am just about to start mining and i bought a Basic Mining Drone...

What i want to know is how do i use it? does it store its own ore or does it put it into my cargo hold, just basically how do i use it and how does it work?
Tedanyaki
Tedanyaki

Posted - 2004.07.23 09:56:00 - [3]

Stella Centauri
Stella Centauri

Posted - 2004.07.23 10:19:00 - [4]

You need the skill mining drone operation, and when you got that trained, you open your dronebay and rightclick he drone and launch it.

Then you lock an asteroid, right-click the drone or the icon for it in the small window that comes up when you launch it and select "mine repeatedly". He'll go there, mine for a sec, get back to you and drop it in your cargo-hold
---------------------------------------
Stella - If your boss gets to choose.
Stella Centauri
Stella Centauri

Posted - 2004.07.23 10:19:00 - [5]

You need the skill mining drone operation, and when you got that trained, you open your dronebay and rightclick he drone and launch it.

Then you lock an asteroid, right-click the drone or the icon for it in the small window that comes up when you launch it and select "mine repeatedly". He'll go there, mine for a sec, get back to you and drop it in your cargo-hold
---------------------------------------
Stella - If your boss gets to choose.
Stella Centauri
Stella Centauri
Spontaneous Defenestration

Posted - 2004.07.23 10:19:00 - [6]

Sammyantha
Sammyantha

Posted - 2004.07.23 10:20:00 - [7]

Okie first to use any drones you need the skill "drones" then a subskill named mining drones for (you guessed it} controlling mining drones theres is also scout drones for controlling light/medium combat drones but as you are going for mining will skim that part.

"drones skill" for each lvl wsill be able to control +1 drone e.g. lvl 2 drones will allow 2 drones

"Mining drones Skill" for each lvl will increase the yeild that each drone is able to mine at any one time

now if you have those skills you need a ship with a drone bay. You is a caldari if new the best one is probably a bantam 200m3 drone space (right click ship open drone bay) load the drone bay up with required drones while in the station undock head to roid belt target a riod that is under 5k away right click on the drones in the bay and release them/it a new control window should pop up in here right click select all. then right click mine repeatedly then just stay near to the drones they will mine and deposit the ore into your hold when full

EVE GUARDIAN - I am a Pirate Alliance - pleased to meet you.
"The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse *****(prostitute). We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and riffle their pockets for new vocabulary."
Sammyantha
Sammyantha

Posted - 2004.07.23 10:20:00 - [8]

Okie first to use any drones you need the skill "drones" then a subskill named mining drones for (you guessed it} controlling mining drones theres is also scout drones for controlling light/medium combat drones but as you are going for mining will skim that part.

"drones skill" for each lvl wsill be able to control +1 drone e.g. lvl 2 drones will allow 2 drones

"Mining drones Skill" for each lvl will increase the yeild that each drone is able to mine at any one time

now if you have those skills you need a ship with a drone bay. You is a caldari if new the best one is probably a bantam 200m3 drone space (right click ship open drone bay) load the drone bay up with required drones while in the station undock head to roid belt target a riod that is under 5k away right click on the drones in the bay and release them/it a new control window should pop up in here right click select all. then right click mine repeatedly then just stay near to the drones they will mine and deposit the ore into your hold when full

EVE GUARDIAN - I am a Pirate Alliance - pleased to meet you.
"The problem with defending the purity of the English language is that English is about as pure as a cribhouse *****(prostitute). We don't just borrow words; on occasion, English has pursued other languages down alleyways to beat them unconscious and riffle their pockets for new vocabulary."
Sammyantha
Sammyantha
Caldari

Posted - 2004.07.23 10:20:00 - [9]

If women ran the world we wouldn't have wars, just intense negotiations every 28 days. --Robin Williams
j jones
j jones

Posted - 2004.08.02 23:23:00 - [10]

Embarassed I have drone rank 1 and scout drone operation rank 1. I am not offered the mining drone operation. What am I doing wrong / what do I need to do to get it?
j jones
j jones

Posted - 2004.08.02 23:23:00 - [11]

Embarassed I have drone rank 1 and scout drone operation rank 1. I am not offered the mining drone operation. What am I doing wrong / what do I need to do to get it?
j jones
j jones

Posted - 2004.08.02 23:23:00 - [12]

Rhonstet
Rhonstet

Posted - 2004.08.03 15:47:00 - [13]

It's a skill you need to buy, like any other. Find a place that sells skills ('Academy' or 'School' stations), go under the drones selection, and pick it up. Alternatively, I have seen this skill available once or twice as a bonus for agent missions for schools.

Mining Drones themselves use two skills.

Drones (and later, Drone Interfacing) controls how many drones you can manage/launch at one time. The skill is 1 drone per level. Since the average mining or light scout drone uses 50m3, and most starting frigates don't have more then 200m3 of dronebay space, Drones 4 is a good goal. This is your primary Drone skill: being able to launch more drones is usually preferable to having your existing drones do more damage or mine faster, until your dronebay size is reached. If you are Gallente, you almost invariably want to get your skill to 5, since most Gallente ships have large drone bays.

Mining Drones controls how efficiently your drones work. The higher your mining drone skill, the more efficiently your drones scuttle around.

Mining drones are currently less efficient then mining lasers. But, they don't use hardpoints. Mining drones usually gather 10 m3 ore a 'tick', while Mining Is are usually starting at 40m3 ore. So, four basic mining drones is roughly equal to one laser.

The Monkeysphere
Rhonstet
Rhonstet

Posted - 2004.08.03 15:47:00 - [14]

It's a skill you need to buy, like any other. Find a place that sells skills ('Academy' or 'School' stations), go under the drones selection, and pick it up. Alternatively, I have seen this skill available once or twice as a bonus for agent missions for schools.

Drones (and later, Drone Interfacing) controls how many drones you can manage/launch at one time. The skill is 1 drone per level. Since the average mining or light scout drone uses 50m3, and most starting frigates don't have more then 200m3 of dronebay space, Drones 4 is a good goal. This is your primary Drone skill: being able to launch more drones is usually preferable to having your existing drones do more damage or mine faster, until your dronebay size is reached. If you are Gallente, you almost invariably want to get your skill to 5, since most Gallente ships have large drone bays.

Mining Drones controls how efficiently your drones work. The higher your mining drone skill, the more efficiently your drones scuttle around.

Mining drones are currently less efficient then mining lasers. But, they don't use hardpoints. Mining drones usually gather 10 m3 ore a 'tick', while Mining Is are usually starting at 40m3 ore. So, four basic mining drones is roughly equal to one laser.

The Monkeysphere
Rhonstet
Rhonstet

Posted - 2004.08.03 15:47:00 - [15]

The Monkeysphere
j jones
j jones

Posted - 2004.08.04 17:55:00 - [16]

Very Happy Thats fantastic info - many thanks
j jones
j jones

Posted - 2004.08.04 17:55:00 - [17]

j jones
j jones

Posted - 2004.08.04 17:55:00 - [18]

Spartan718
Spartan718

Posted - 2004.08.04 22:24:00 - [19]

Can you mine with a laser and use drones at the same time?

Spartan718
Spartan718

Posted - 2004.08.04 22:24:00 - [20]

Spartan718
Spartan718

Posted - 2004.08.04 22:24:00 - [21]

Iceflame
Iceflame

Posted - 2004.08.19 13:15:00 - [22]

Yes, you can mine with drones and laser at the same time. Doing it right now Razz
Iceflame
Iceflame

Posted - 2004.08.19 13:15:00 - [23]

Yes, you can mine with drones and laser at the same time. Doing it right now Razz
Iceflame
Iceflame

Posted - 2004.08.19 13:15:00 - [24]

Kueng
Kueng

Posted - 2004.08.19 14:03:00 - [25]

I appreciate everyone helping and answering the question since ... intern helped me out in my question
Kueng
Kueng

Posted - 2004.08.19 14:03:00 - [26]

I appreciate everyone helping and answering the question since ... intern helped me out in my question
Kueng
Kueng

Posted - 2004.08.19 14:03:00 - [27]

KrazyKajun
KrazyKajun

Posted - 2007.07.06 14:03:00 - [28]

so whats the point of a drone? do they hold more cargo space? cuz if i can mine with a lazer and it only takes like 2 mins to fill up why bother with a drone?
Lurtz
Lurtz
Caldari
Gunrunners and Gamblers

Posted - 2007.07.06 14:34:00 - [29]

Originally by: KrazyKajun
so whats the point of a drone? do they hold more cargo space? cuz if i can mine with a lazer and it only takes like 2 mins to fill up why bother with a drone?

The point is, that most people don't fly back to station every time their hold is full.
Larger mining is done in groups, with a few people mining and putting the ore into cargo cans where it is then picked up by high cargo industrials who just keep running from the belt to the station and back so the miners can keep as many beams and drones on the rocks as continuously as possible.

Saihung
Saihung

Posted - 2007.07.06 16:15:00 - [30]

Originally by: KrazyKajun

I am relatively new, but I am all set up to learn the drones and mining drones skill mainly because I bought a Badger to use in my mining operations.

Badgers have only one turret slot, so for me to mine enough to fill that 4k cubic meters means a long long time using one mining laser.

So I plan to use mining drones to fill me up faster, eventually I will go to the container filling and anchoring...then just pick it up with my badger.

But for now, mining drones will fill the gap between now and when I get my container anchoring skill learned. And using mining drones can't hurt later on either :)

Pages: [1] 2 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,05s, ref 20240427/1911
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.