|Pages: 1 2  4 :: one page
||Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 4 post(s)
|Posted - 2008.05.23 10:42:00 -
1. Find a corp/alliance that you never want to leave.
2. Earn 1 billion isk or more.
3. Fight in a fleet fight WITHOUT lag! (This is a hard one )
4. Fly a Cap ship.
5. Survive 2 DDs.
6. Survive a DD.
7. Help your corp/alliance take space (outpost is a bonus!).
8. Fight in a fleet fight with over 100 people.
9. Own a famous (or infamous) person's corpse.
10. Win an in EVE lottery.
|Posted - 2008.05.23 16:43:00 -
Edited by: Kehmor on 23/05/2008 16:44:10
Edited by: Kehmor on 23/05/2008 16:43:56
1) make your first kill
2) make your first kill without any twang of guilt (in my case 1 and 2 happened simultaneously.
3) become an outlaw
4) grind your sec up and swear you will never let it drop again.
5) let your sec drop again
6) scam someone
7) scam the same person twice with the same scam
8) fight and win whilst heavily outnumbered
9) sit in a station and spin your ship knowing you are too uber to undock
10) whine about how good things were back in the day
edit: 11) get temp banned
12) get perma banned - the one thing I have yet to do
Violence isn't the answer, it is the question.
The answer is yes.
|Posted - 2008.05.23 18:52:00 -
1. Find a cause and declare jihad
2. Run a megacorp
4. Sabotage something important
5. Chill in a small corp with a few friends
6. Innovate and set a trend
7. Instigate wars
8. Be industrialist for a while
10. Not care what anyone thinks
All in moderation, of course..
The Baros Syndicate
|Posted - 2008.05.23 19:41:00 -
1. make your first kill
2. make your first podkill
3. get concordokken
4. run into a gatecamp with an expensive ship
5. visit New Eden system
6. fly into 0.0 with no real goal
7. get podded with expensive implants
8. shoot a concord ship
9. make a trip over 60 jumps
10. squint at the background in Konora system to try an see the black hole.
|Posted - 2008.05.24 00:51:00 -
1. Do a mission and just barely live.
2. Get over the fear of travelling through low sec.
3. Autopilot 50 jumps from 0.0 to Jita in a shuttle.
4. Be podkilled.
5. Podkill someone in anger.
6. Buy a tech 2 ship.
7. Be overly confident about your PVP skills and lose your tech 2 ship.
9. Join a corporation with friends.
A. Join an alliance.
Creator of The Ruby API Library
|Posted - 2008.05.24 01:35:00 -
1 - do the tutorial
2 - get out of the hi-sec
3 - do your first kill and podkill
4 - whine on foruns about unbalanced things (like nanos/carriers and neuts)
5 - join a corp with a big alliance
6 - know how to roam.
7 - Pirate and reduce your sec to -10.0
8 - kill all carebears :P
9 - don&t care what people think
10 - visit me one day and I shall treat you as I treat my enemies :P.
Federal Navy Academy
|Posted - 2008.05.24 11:32:00 -
1) Find out what happened to that bright, beautiful star.
2) Visit Jove space
3) Nano a Polaris
4) Hit -10 with every Empire Faction
5) Hit +10 with every Pirate Faction
6) Trade up to an 80 Mil + SP character
7) Talk to someone in Khanid space
8) Get my girlfriend to resub more than 2 months in a row
9) Find a Loveship
10) Post on a main
|Posted - 2008.05.24 13:20:00 -
1: Run (through) a major alliance gatecamp.
2: Do it again because it was fun.
3: Assume every gatecamp is as incompetent, and lose your pride and joy in Bosena...
4: Turn 10 million isk into 300 million isk, using only the market.
5: Turn 300 million isk into lots more (haven't done that yet...) using only the market.
6: Do so many missions that you couldn't be bothered any more!
7: Ninja-salvage Caldari missions in high sec.
8: Realise that ninja-salvaging isn't actually profitable compared to any other career in Eve, and appeals only to those who drink tears.
9: Podkill the first person who ever podkilled you (everyone should do this eventually).
10: Fight a duel (or as many as you can find), wherein both pilots understand that if they fit ewar or warp away, they have lost.
*11 - just one more! Fight for a cause you believe in, and win.
|Posted - 2008.05.24 16:42:00 -
1. kill frigate
2. kill cruiser
3. kill battlecruiser
4. kill battleship
5. kill capital ship
6. kill super-capital ship
7. solo kill
8. get doomsdayd (the more at once the better)
9. fly capital
10. lose titan
|Posted - 2008.05.24 17:31:00 -
Edited by: John Richardson on 24/05/2008 17:33:05
1. Own all 0.0...
2. Steal Entity's mod collection
3. Get all my skills to level 5
4. Kill a Polarus frigate.
5. Have a fully Estamel fitted Ibis.
6. Be TEH ultimate smacker....
7. Kill a Concord battleship.
8. Get a GM account to assist you like BoB...
9. Mine in a titan.
10. Succesfully dock in a station in the Jove Region..
Edit: The row this was put in has no effect whatsoever..
|Posted - 2008.05.24 19:01:00 -
1. Join a player corporation (only few npc corps have "real" human company)
2. Get some isk and learn how to fly ships, pew pew!
3. After #2 get to low sec or 0.0
4. Get a kill.
5. Get a pod kill, if not get another kill... and so on.
6. Now that you've got few kills and experience you've figured out what you want to do to get ISK to do what you want in EvE. Get into that for a while.
7. Market/Contract "scam". It's just too hilarious not to try.
8. Try piracy (meaning get your sec status way below -5.0). Just so you know how it is to be a REAL pirate, not some wannabe.
9. Try industry related stuff, were it POS mining, just roid mining or building stuff or invention.
10. Get a capital ship. You really want to have one, at least for your personal logistics.
I'm running out of options but there's my top 10. :(
|Posted - 2008.05.24 20:34:00 -
PvP'ers 10 Must Do Thins InEve.
1. Joining a corporate, meeting new people
2. Doing missions, ratting, helping the corporate
3. Going lowsec ratting, or ratting in 0.0
4. Joining a succesfull 0.0 corporative
5. Train all support skills for one shiptype
6. Start making goals, how to make money etc.
7. Joining roaming gangs, fleet wars and such
8. Be Fleet Commander for a fleet or roaming gang
9. Get drunk and socialize on Teamspeak / Ventrillo
10. Start own corporate, or stay where you are.
Best Regards Commander Blackie: ''Have Fun With It!''
''The steps you take, should be with pride''
|Posted - 2008.05.24 22:44:00 -
10 MUST do things in EVE
1. Download trial
2. Register account
3. Create main
4. Got confused with myriad new things
5. ***** forums
6. SPAM n00b chat
7. SPAM help chat
8. Earn first million
9. Get addicted
10. Pay subscription
Rest is up to you
EVE ambulation (Full Body Avatar) character creator 2.0
EVE offline game
The HIgher Standard
|Posted - 2008.05.24 23:15:00 -
1) Explore out of the way places
2) build something
3) be a part of something great
4) excel at your chosen profession
5) try out a different profession
6) +10 with all 4 race factions
7) Conduct yourself with integrity so that your word is beyond reproach
8) do not hid behind alts griefing others.
9) live in multiple regions
10) spend some time in 0.0 as well as Empire
|Posted - 2008.05.25 00:35:00 -
1: visit the monolith
2: drink a bottle of quafe (I got a few left)
3: mine veldspar (for hours)
4: join in an EVE event
5: fly a titan
6: build your own raven
7: pod kill a macro miner
8: get killed by concord
9: shoot snowballs in Jita (why did they have to melt)
10:fist kill mail
|Posted - 2008.05.25 02:48:00 -
out of all of thoe i only need to do a few more
petition in welsh
wave to chribba ( message me ingame chrib so i can accomplish that extremly important task
very sad to see visit stevie isnt on the list since you did put up visit the eve gate ( you know stevie teh titan )
survive fleet battle as a logistic ship
i think that about it
|Posted - 2008.05.25 07:17:00 -
Edited by: R0ot on 25/05/2008 07:19:31
1. Kill another none industrial ship with a Hauler. (e.g. no other haulers/hulks/shuttles/noobships)
2. See your wallet at 1 billion isk at some time or another.
3. Fight outnumbered. (on your own)
4. Get DD'd.
5. Kill a capital.
6. Pod someone. (Seems very small thing but I can remember my first time podding someone and enjoy every single podding since)
7. Mine. (Everyone should try it at one stage or another)
8. Been involved in a fight while having a local count of at least 200. (Lag sucks but there is something so invigorating about a fleet fight.)
9. Lose a hauler/ship full of lots of precious things. (It sucks but without the fear of loss or the risk of losing everything the game would become boring, its no fun winning all the time, I mean if you can be guaranteed to win everything all the time then what's the point in trying?)
10. Have a good ole Irish roam (sucks for all you none Irish people but you'll never no the craic in a good ole Irish roaming gang)
|Posted - 2008.05.25 07:42:00 -
1. Fail to the point you want to quit the game. (did that one)
2. Skew your wants and stay with the game (check)
3. fly far far away from your home system and start a new life with a new corp you have never even heard of (yup)
4. Listen to your new corpies, ask questions, run missions with them, generaly realize why #2 was such a good idea.
5. Start a major project example: start saving for that uber faction ship, start building a capital ship, etc.
6. Laugh when you fail your major project, didn't matter much anyway
7. realixe that, even as you were podded during the course of #1, you still had alot of fun in EVE, and still are today.
8. Solo a lvl 4 (may sound small, but it makes you feel damned good)
9. Be congradulated by your corpies/allies, for whatever it is you do
10. Motivate people to reach for their goals
|Posted - 2008.05.25 16:51:00 -
The adrenaline rush of being in a small gang up against another small gang for your first time, and completely obliterating them is an experience that is completely unique to EVE.
You're missing out if you never get a chance to experience the excitement of that.
|Posted - 2008.05.26 09:23:00 -
1.Always put an exotic dancer in you cargohold.
2.Jet a can in perimiter and wait for a noob to steal from it(please use good bait).
3.fly through tribute in you best fit ship.
4.Gank piewets while they try to gank your alts battle badger.
5.laugh a nano-gangs when they complain about your blob as they fly through your space trying to mini blob raters and hauler's.
6.Get your own nano-gang going and go gank raters and haulers.
7.join a corp that is full of real life friends and has a referal policy so its harder for BOB spies to get intel.
8.Get fluf a new drake for christmas cause drake's wtfbbq everythimg in site.
9.fly through tribute in your best ship with your friends in their best ship's.
Best Path Inc.
|Posted - 2008.05.26 14:10:00 -
1) Get your pc up to par so you can enjoy the premium graphics
2) Fly the tutorial missions
3) Spend time looking for a player corp that offers things-to-do that sound fun to you (in my case, that was a corp in 0.0 with lots of pew and politics and such), and then join/be accepted in that corp.
4) Experience your first pvp fight
5) Get your first killmail and post it on your corp's killboard (if they have one)
6) Flying your first T2 ship
7) Breaking the 1kps speed for the first time, losing lock on your opponent because YOU flew out of your own range (it's all about control hehe)
8) Getting caught by pirates for the first time and **** them off... (them:"pay 80mil or die!" me:"well I don't have 80mil, so..." *waits a while* me:"so you gonna kill me or what?" them:"we made you another offer" me mutters:"gawd I hate downsellers..." *checks new offer* me:"just kill me plz I get more from insurance than from you clowns" them:"...." *pop*)
9) Getting involved in your first regional war for territory, involving multiple Alliance Coalitions
10) Setting your alarmclock BEFORE you log on so you quit playing in time to get enough sleep
The Black Rabbits
|Posted - 2008.05.26 18:04:00 -
1-10) Remote Repair blues that are fighting against blues that are just blue to you but not to them.
ALPR CEO Alphrenel
Alphrenel Productions - making nice videos for everyone!
|Posted - 2008.05.26 22:02:00 -
1) Ninja mine ark in empire
2) Own a rare BPO until NPCs drop upgraded versions
3) Travel to the EVE gate (and try to MWD towards it for days but not get closer)
4) Think that your first cruiser is gods gift to creation.
5) KNOW that your first battleship really is gods gift to creation.
6) War dec a pirate corp
7) Lose your first cruiser (see #6)
8) Lose your first battleship (see #6)
9) Thank CCP for the change to war dec payments (see #6)
10) Just about everything else, killing NPCs, PC, losing sec status and being blinky red.
All in all, the one thing you HAVE to do in EVE is play with your friends and enjoy the game. Everything else is a bonus.
Dawn of a new Empire
|Posted - 2008.05.27 11:13:00 -
1. Join a good player corp
2. Go to 0.0
3. Stare at your wallet as you pass the 1 bil mark for the first time
4. Forget you changed your settings and go 12 jumps trough low sec on autopilot
5. Participate in a fleet fight
6. Enjoy having a very good FC
7. Climb into your first cap ship and savor the moment you've been waiting for
8. Escape a gate camp because of pure luck and afk enemies
9. Die horribly in a bs so you learn how fast it can happen
10. Panic when you log in and see hundreds of neutrals in local, forgetting you logged off in jita and not your 0.0 fortress
|Posted - 2008.05.27 12:34:00 -
1. Join a corporation that is trying to achieve something
2. Risk your favourite ship as often as you can
3. Make a billion ISK
4. Warp with your friends into an impossible battle
5. Have a gangfight at a sun. (Fraps it)
6. Secretly train for and obtain a unique and wonderful ship: enjoy the adulation of your peers
7. Attend a major game event
8. Stay to fight in a losing war of attrition: a year later, you get to reminisce like a veteran
9. Help a newbie
10. Create some fan art/fiction/music
Band of Brothers
|Posted - 2008.05.27 14:44:00 -
1. Lose a billion is to suicide gank/concord/scam or otherwise being dumb, followed by emo rage fquittingF for all of 30 minutes. (bonus points for 2 page forum rant)
2. Give a noob 1 million, its only the 1 million you were given when you started, you're just passing it on.
3. Join Privateers, if only for a week.
4. Smack on COAD, even though you have next to no connection at all to the events in the OP. (bonus points for doing it with an alt)
5. FC a gang in combat, even if itFs only half a dozen people.
6. Get an Officer spawn 10 minutes after the other guy ratting the system logged off.
7. While still a carebear in a carebear corp, get war decFd by griefers. Then hurt them so bad in the first few days that they retract the dec.
8. See a titan die.
9. Learn from your mistakes and stop blaming CCP for everything.
10. Give fMorrow DiscaF 10 million isk and learn the secret of the Eve universe.
My opinions are my own, they may not match the opinions of my Corp or Alliance.
|Posted - 2008.05.27 20:31:00 -
1. Visit the Evegate, fly towards Evegate for 2 hours until you become bored and leave.
2. Earn your first billion
3. First kill/pod
4. First time you get killed/pod
5. Live in 0.0
6. Visit pirates in low sec for some pew-pew
7. Participate in your first 100+ man fleet fight
8. Get primaried in 100+ man fleet fight.
9. Get DD'ed
10. Survive DD
Tides of Silence
|Posted - 2008.05.28 01:04:00 -
1. Get to -10.0 sec status
2. Work your way back up to 5.0 sec status through 0.0 ratting
3. Fleet Pos Seiges (take it AND dish it out)
4. 10/10 Plex
5. Run through 0.0 in a shuttle (during war) and see how long it takes to get podded
6. Get your first Billion ISK
7. Purchase a faction ship (CNR DOES NOT COUNT)
8. 1 on 1 with a bigger ship and win (IE: AF vs BS)
9. See all 4 Titans & Get DD'd by each one (def a must see show!)
10. Join a huge fleet battle (100+) and avoid the LAG
Originally by: CCP Wrangler
|Posted - 2008.05.28 03:55:00 -
1. Reprogram Eve from the ground up, in an object oriented low level programming language.
2. Reprogram Eve from the ground up, in an object oriented low level programming language.
3. Reprogram Eve from the ground up, in an object oriented low level programming language.
4. Reprogram Eve from the ground up, in an object oriented low level programming language.
5. Reprogram Eve from the ground up, in an object oriented low level programming language.
6. Reprogram Eve from the ground up, in an object oriented low level programming language.
7. Reprogram Eve from the ground up, in an object oriented low level programming language.
8. Reprogram Eve from the ground up, in an object oriented low level programming language.
9. Reprogram Eve from the ground up, in an object oriented low level programming language.
10 Reprogram Eve from the ground up, in an object oriented low level programming language.
|Posted - 2008.05.28 06:45:00 -
Oh, this is a tough one..
1) Stare in awe at all the pretty stars, just stare and appreciate.
2) Realize that New Eden is really, really big. Then go mine.
3) Do missions. Decide missions are pretty boring.
4) Join a player corp.
5) RP in player corp. Get RP'd by Star Fraction (it's painful)
6) Find a few friends, make a new corp with said friends (it's awesome)
7) Make ridiculous amounts of money on the market with minimal effort (visit Jita)
8) Pursue hairbrained plans to make even more money
9) Throw "might-work" ships together, attempt to PvP in them (this one's lots of fun)
10) Have fun, by any means you deem fit, within the EULA of course.
So it's more of a bio, but that's my personal top-ten.
I have a cargo space fetish. I like the echo.
|Pages: 1 2  4 :: one page
|First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page