Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 2 post(s)
Barth3zzzNL
Barth3zzzNL

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2004.07.02 10:52:00 - [121]

I only read the 1st page but i recently discovered you are not allowed to shoot Gang members.

I was told you could shoot them and it seems pretty much everybody i knew thought you could as well.

Damn me for testing my brand new Nosferatus on a friend :P
---------------------------

[Coreli Corporation Mainframe]
Barth3zzzNL
Barth3zzzNL

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2004.07.02 10:52:00 - [122]

I only read the 1st page but i recently discovered you are not allowed to shoot Gang members.

I was told you could shoot them and it seems pretty much everybody i knew thought you could as well.

[Coreli Corporation Mainframe]
Barth3zzzNL
Barth3zzzNL
Gallente
Coreli Corporation
Corelum Syndicate

Posted - 2004.07.02 10:52:00 - [123]

Hospisa
Hospisa

Posted - 2004.07.13 23:17:00 - [124]

Just wondering, I just got taken out in an 0.4 belt by a person who was not an obvious outlaw, ie they didn't have a negative rating at all, that's what caught me out. After losing my ship (I was not pod killed), her sec rating was 0.0, so I'm guessing that it must have been higher before the engagement. Is there only a small penalty for attacking players ships in 0.4 belts?
Hospisa
Hospisa

Posted - 2004.07.13 23:17:00 - [125]

Just wondering, I just got taken out in an 0.4 belt by a person who was not an obvious outlaw, ie they didn't have a negative rating at all, that's what caught me out. After losing my ship (I was not pod killed), her sec rating was 0.0, so I'm guessing that it must have been higher before the engagement. Is there only a small penalty for attacking players ships in 0.4 belts?
Hospisa
Hospisa
Caldari Provisions

Posted - 2004.07.13 23:17:00 - [126]

Wakita
Wakita

Posted - 2004.07.30 01:26:00 - [127]

Is this thread still good? I mean the information?

Surprised

Ronin of Matar alone on the path
Wakita
Wakita

Posted - 2004.07.30 01:26:00 - [128]

Surprised

Ronin of Matar alone on the path
Wakita
Wakita
Minmatar
Doomheim

Posted - 2004.07.30 01:26:00 - [129]

Surprised
LoganATK
LoganATK

Posted - 2007.05.18 09:23:00 - [130]

Here's what i know from what i have gathered.
Only corp mates can shoot each other anywhere 1.0 -0.1 (gang or no gang)
Not a corp mate and still want to Play shoot each other in 1.0-0.1? here's what you do
1. jettison a can
2. your friend takes from your can.
3 Now your friend/the can thief should be flashing red to you and you can shoot him. (make sure he's flashing red first)
4. So you shot your friend (the can thief)now your flashing red to him (the can thief) so now he can return fire. =no sec loss for ether of you. Dont shoot his pod though.
Heres ware i am not sure what happens and i got a story about what happen to me

I was bored one day in 0.7 space. (go figure) So i had my BC parked and ready and i take a cheep junk ship to the belts. I find two people mining (both in same corp) Looked through the local and there's no other members of that same corp. So i take from there can and sit there for thenm to shoot me. the mining ship locks me and starts to warp scram me Confused and sicks his drones on me it was a slow death but at the last sec his corp mate shows up and hits me. Finely i pop and fly my pod back to station and hop in my Harbinger and fly strate back to the belt and behold he's in a Drake so i lock'em warp scram'em and begin firing, his corp mate shows up in his hauler so i lock him two and wish i had 2 warp scrams. So the bagger leaves and i finish off the Drake. Now im looking though local to make sure otheres of the same corp dont show up, the pod leves and i tell the guy GF and that he can come get his stuff ( i had taken the stuff and jettison it) and cloked. his friend in the bagger come back in a drake and he is'ent flashing red.Question he ask if he can open my can and i say "sure" but he dosent right away so im still looking at local and sure enuff there ceo is here so i say hi to him and ask if he's in a drake too. He says "nope" . at this point i'm not sure of the rules and how this is going to work. He shows up in a intercepter.and then the other guy shows up in in a moa. None of these guys are red mind you. i uncloke and lock the all 3 of them and it's a stand off for about 30 sec then the moa warp scrams me
and the drake fires and i return fire but i hit the CEO in the intercepter and i hear "your security status has been lowered" Shocked "hello concord"
So what i want to know is if i shot the drake or the moa first would the CEO in the intercepter have the right to shoot me?
Well anyways i think no mader what if a person agro's you then there sarounding corp members should be fare game.

I allso would realy like for a Dev to shine some lite on this.
Again i feel that corp members in site should all share responsibility and all be flashing red when one of them fire on me. in the same manner that when i took from the can that his corp mates can fire on me. i would like to petition this but theres no set rules so you dont know if it's law or bugged.
Quetzalcoatle
Quetzalcoatle
Silver Snake Enterprise
Interstellar Starbase Syndicate

Posted - 2007.05.18 10:18:00 - [131]

Check the dates buddie Sad
Kidari Tenlos
Kidari Tenlos

Posted - 2007.05.19 02:09:00 - [132]

Wow. Blast from the past. ^.^

LoganATK
LoganATK

Posted - 2007.05.19 03:35:00 - [133]

Seen that after i posted lol
Well what the hell time for some up dates ha?
Or is there another place in the forums i should be looking ?
Kidari Tenlos
Kidari Tenlos

Posted - 2007.05.20 01:30:00 - [134]

Fairly certain that this thread is Mostly accurate... Maybe

I have the next 3 days off, so I'll hop onto SiSi with a corp mate and see if I can update it.
Lian To
Lian To

Posted - 2007.05.20 02:25:00 - [135]

Edited by: Lian To on 20/05/2007 02:24:09
While I know "anything goes" in 0.0 space, I've always gotten mixed responses about security loss there.

If I am in 0.0 space, my sec rating is 0.0, and I attack someone who I'm not at war with, have no aggression countdown, and have 0.0 rating, do I lose standing?
NightF0x
NightF0x
Gallente
principle of motion
Interstellar Alcohol Conglomerate

Posted - 2007.05.20 05:24:00 - [136]

Edited by: NightF0x on 20/05/2007 05:22:15
Originally by: Lian To
Edited by: Lian To on 20/05/2007 02:24:09
While I know "anything goes" in 0.0 space, I've always gotten mixed responses about security loss there.

If I am in 0.0 space, my sec rating is 0.0, and I attack someone who I'm not at war with, have no aggression countdown, and have 0.0 rating, do I lose standing?

It depends on which 0.0 system you are in. The true sec status of the system has to be below 0, otherwise you will loose sec rating. There are a few areas that are rounded down and it can cause some issues. Check Ombrey's map, it has systems out to 2 decimals and is more accurate.
Marrano Cardosa
Marrano Cardosa

Posted - 2007.05.21 19:12:00 - [137]

Originally by: Skillz
Edited by: Skillz on 25/03/2004 22:19:42

Please note that if you attack a -5.0, he can legally return fire as well.

In general:

Legal attack:

Corporation* member.
Corporate* war enemy.
Player is below -5.0 in security status.
Player has begun to attack you.

Illegal attacks:

All other attacks, but in 0.0 non-imperial space. There is no sanction for it.

* Means player created corporations.

Its also legal to attack anyone who stole ore or items from you or a PC corp mate.
Marrano Cardosa
Marrano Cardosa

Posted - 2007.05.21 19:14:00 - [138]

Originally by: Pete Starblade
here's a question for you all
if i attack player a who im at war with and he his ganged to players b and c from a different corp but sat right next to him can they attack me without concord involvement
or do i have to find out the hard way Very Happy

AFAIK, you can attack THEM, but they can't attack you till you attack them.
Marrano Cardosa
Marrano Cardosa

Posted - 2007.05.21 19:19:00 - [139]

Originally by: LoganATK
Here's what i know from what i have gathered.
I was bored one day in 0.7 space. (go figure) So i had my BC parked and ready and i take a cheep junk ship to the belts. I find two people mining (both in same corp) Looked through the local and there's no other members of that same corp. So i take from there can and sit there for thenm to shoot me. the mining ship locks me and starts to warp scram me Confused and sicks his drones on me it was a slow death but at the last sec his corp mate shows up and hits me. Finely i pop and fly my pod back to station and hop in my Harbinger and fly strate back to the belt and behold he's in a Drake so i lock'em warp scram'em and begin firing, his corp mate shows up in his hauler so i lock him two and wish i had 2 warp scrams. So the bagger leaves and i finish off the Drake. Now im looking though local to make sure otheres of the same corp dont show up, the pod leves and i tell the guy GF and that he can come get his stuff ( i had taken the stuff and jettison it) and cloked. his friend in the bagger come back in a drake and he is'ent flashing red.Question he ask if he can open my can and i say "sure" but he dosent right away so im still looking at local and sure enuff there ceo is here so i say hi to him and ask if he's in a drake too. He says "nope" . at this point i'm not sure of the rules and how this is going to work. He shows up in a intercepter.and then the other guy shows up in in a moa. None of these guys are red mind you. i uncloke and lock the all 3 of them and it's a stand off for about 30 sec then the moa warp scrams me
and the drake fires and i return fire but i hit the CEO in the intercepter and i hear "your security status has been lowered" Shocked "hello concord"
So what i want to know is if i shot the drake or the moa first would the CEO in the intercepter have the right to shoot me?
Well anyways i think no mader what if a person agro's you then there sarounding corp members should be fare game.

I allso would realy like for a Dev to shine some lite on this.
Again i feel that corp members in site should all share responsibility and all be flashing red when one of them fire on me. in the same manner that when i took from the can that his corp mates can fire on me. i would like to petition this but theres no set rules so you dont know if it's law or bugged.

Here's the problem, more that 15 minutes passed since they had attacked you, that's why none were red. BUT since YOU destroyed one of their ships, they had a several day window to destroy one of your ships (that's why THEY could attack). Now you could have hit any of them BUT the CEO as he hadn't attacked you yet and they had the right to attack you.
Captain Schmungles
Captain Schmungles

Posted - 2007.05.22 14:18:00 - [140]

Great thread. I wanted to add a little to it if I could...

Criminal Status

Should you steal from another player's container (jetcan or secure container), or loot another player's wreck, you will be labeled as a "criminal" for 15 minutes. During that time, the rules of engagement are as follows:

1. You will be flashing red to the player you stole from. This player is free to initiate aggression against you in space of any security rating without penalty or CONCORD intervention.
2. You may not initiate aggression against the player you stole from. This will result in a security status penalty and in CONCORD intervention.
3. After the 15 minute timer has expired, you are no longer a criminal and the rules of engagement for whatever security system you're in apply.

You can also be branded as a criminal if you initiate aggression against an innocent player in high security space. This will result in:

1. CONCORD intervention. CONCORD will jump in and blow up your ship.
2. You will appear as a criminal to the player you attacked. The 15 minute criminal status timer will be in effect. Rules of engagement will follow those listed above.
3. If you are in high security space, CONCORD will continue to shoot you down should you arrive in an area where there is a CONCORD presence (stargates, stations, and also the place where CONCORD shot you down the first time. Thus, if you are shot down in a belt, there will be a CONCORD presence in that belt for at least the next 15 minutes. Should you return to the belt before your criminal status expires, CONCORD will shoot you down again.

War Targets

There are also special rules of engagement for war targets. Ganja posted some in the original post, but here's another one:

1. If you form a gang with a member who's corporation or alliance is at war, you will also become a war target even if you are not a member of the same corporation or alliance.
Sonya Rayner
Sonya Rayner
Unicorn Enterprise
Blind Octopus

Posted - 2007.05.22 23:39:00 - [141]

Originally by: Marrano Cardosa
<..>

Here's the problem, more that 15 minutes passed since they had attacked you, that's why none were red. BUT since YOU destroyed one of their ships, they had a several day window to destroy one of your ships (that's why THEY could attack). Now you could have hit any of them BUT the CEO as he hadn't attacked you yet and they had the right to attack you.

You don't get kill rights on people who killed you if you shoot back at them (or was otherways criminally flagged to them, like can stealing).

and ffs stop necroposting Wink

couldn't resist... sorry...

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,08s, ref 20240512/1441
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.