Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: [1] :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s)
Nicholas Marshal
Nicholas Marshal

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2004.02.16 15:54:00 - [1]

What size monitor ? What resolution you running at ?
Reckoning
Reckoning

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2004.02.16 15:54:00 - [2]

Hi. I know you can increase the font size in the chat window, is there anyway to increase the font size in all the other areas. The fonts seem really small and i'm squinting to read them.

Also is there anyway to search through these forums? I was going to search to see if this has already been asked. thanks
Reckoning
Reckoning
Minmatar
Sebiestor tribe

Posted - 2004.02.16 15:54:00 - [3]

Hi. I know you can increase the font size in the chat window, is there anyway to increase the font size in all the other areas. The fonts seem really small and i'm squinting to read them.

Also is there anyway to search through these forums? I was going to search to see if this has already been asked. thanks
Nicholas Marshal
Nicholas Marshal
Caldari
Lisa Needs Braces

Posted - 2004.02.16 15:54:00 - [4]

What size monitor ? What resolution you running at ?
Reckoning
Reckoning

Posted - 2004.02.16 16:00:00 - [5]

Hi. I've got a 17" monitor and was running at the lowest resolution and the text was ok. The thing is with all the different windows that the system uses i've moved the resolution up to something like 1000x1000 and i can fit everything on screen fine and read all the text in the chat window no problem. If I can just increase the text in the windows like agent mission text window it would be fine.
Reckoning
Reckoning
Minmatar
Sebiestor tribe

Posted - 2004.02.16 16:00:00 - [6]

Hi. I've got a 17" monitor and was running at the lowest resolution and the text was ok. The thing is with all the different windows that the system uses i've moved the resolution up to something like 1000x1000 and i can fit everything on screen fine and read all the text in the chat window no problem. If I can just increase the text in the windows like agent mission text window it would be fine.
Desper
Desper

Posted - 2004.02.16 18:45:00 - [7]

I think you might be able to increase your font-size by hitting escape then fiddling with one of the options there.

As for the forum search, look at the sticky in this channel.
-----
EVE Marketplace | Forum Search Tool
EVE M staff
Desper
Desper
Caldari
One

Posted - 2004.02.16 18:45:00 - [8]

I think you might be able to increase your font-size by hitting escape then fiddling with one of the options there.

As for the forum search, look at the sticky in this channel.
-----
EVE Marketplace | Forum Search Tool
EVE M staff
Maarten
Maarten

Posted - 2004.02.16 20:33:00 - [9]

Press Esc and then go to the first tab: Generic.

Select:
Context menu font size: 12 pixels

It wont change everything, but for example the rightclick menus become 2 pixels bigger, which makes quite a nice difference...
Maarten
Maarten

Posted - 2004.02.16 20:33:00 - [10]

Press Esc and then go to the first tab: Generic.

Select:
Context menu font size: 12 pixels

It wont change everything, but for example the rightclick menus become 2 pixels bigger, which makes quite a nice difference...
Harcole
Harcole

Posted - 2004.02.17 08:17:00 - [11]

It doesn't make enough difference at 1600x1200 on a 19" monitor I've had to lower my resolution so I don't have to play with a magnifying glass... Crying or Very sad
Harcole
Harcole
Amarr
Core Element
Blue Sun Trust

Posted - 2004.02.17 08:17:00 - [12]

It doesn't make enough difference at 1600x1200 on a 19" monitor I've had to lower my resolution so I don't have to play with a magnifying glass... Crying or Very sad

Robskiwarrior
Robskiwarrior

Posted - 2004.02.17 08:37:00 - [13]

bah, you should all get glasses Razz
Robskiwarrior
Robskiwarrior
untaught
Ka-Tet

Posted - 2004.02.17 08:37:00 - [14]

bah, you should all get glasses Razz
Tekker
Tekker

Posted - 2004.02.17 11:07:00 - [15]

Edited by: Tekker on 17/02/2004 11:19:57
Well this is a very good question.
I was discussing this aswell on chat to get bigger font.
We have powerfull gfx cards and if font wasn't so small on 1600x1200 we could play on that res.
Game is programmed very well and is made for it and runs very smooth for me on that res. bad part is tho, the font can't read anything.

The 10px and the 12px isn't working.

Now what I thought is these fonts are sitting in our pillfont folder as renamed *.png's.
Maybe gonna try to enlarge those in PS and test if I can rename them back to same name to C if I get bigger fonts.
Let me test this will inform ya if it worked.
Only thing I should find out is wich file is used for the 12px font setting ... would be more easy if someone knew alrdy instead of test every file.

BTW.: bout the search function, I asked alrdy in an another topic and was answered.
http://oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=60018
and now I saw the sticky Embarassed
http://oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=57335
-------------------
http://www.wrw.be
Tekker
Tekker
Amarr

Posted - 2004.02.17 11:07:00 - [16]

Edited by: Tekker on 17/02/2004 11:19:57
Well this is a very good question.
I was discussing this aswell on chat to get bigger font.
We have powerfull gfx cards and if font wasn't so small on 1600x1200 we could play on that res.
Game is programmed very well and is made for it and runs very smooth for me on that res. bad part is tho, the font can't read anything.

The 10px and the 12px isn't working.

Now what I thought is these fonts are sitting in our pillfont folder as renamed *.png's.
Maybe gonna try to enlarge those in PS and test if I can rename them back to same name to C if I get bigger fonts.
Let me test this will inform ya if it worked.
Only thing I should find out is wich file is used for the 12px font setting ... would be more easy if someone knew alrdy instead of test every file.

BTW.: bout the search function, I asked alrdy in an another topic and was answered.
http://oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=60018
and now I saw the sticky Embarassed
http://oldforums.eveonline.com/?a=topic&threadID=57335
-------------------
http://www.wrw.be
Reckoning
Reckoning

Posted - 2004.02.17 12:57:00 - [17]

I'll try the setting in the esc menu later, thanks. I agree with the Tekker though, the game runs very well at high resolutions, it's just that the font size is so small. Would be nice if there was 1 global setting to set the font size and it altered everything.

Tekker how did you get on with resetting the font size?
Reckoning
Reckoning
Minmatar
Sebiestor tribe

Posted - 2004.02.17 12:57:00 - [18]

I'll try the setting in the esc menu later, thanks. I agree with the Tekker though, the game runs very well at high resolutions, it's just that the font size is so small. Would be nice if there was 1 global setting to set the font size and it altered everything.

Tekkerss
Tekkerss

Posted - 2004.02.17 16:50:00 - [19]

Quote:

Gonna test now enlarged them, but was dooing that when servers were down gonna test with it now, hope and pray.
Tekkerss
Tekkerss
Caldari

Posted - 2004.02.17 16:50:00 - [20]

Quote:

Gonna test now enlarged them, but was dooing that when servers were down gonna test with it now, hope and pray.
Massir
Massir

Posted - 2004.03.06 19:20:00 - [21]

Any word on whether this worked or not? The text is extremely small at 1024x768 and I'd love to bump up the resoultion even more...

Massir
Massir

Posted - 2004.03.06 19:20:00 - [22]

Any word on whether this worked or not? The text is extremely small at 1024x768 and I'd love to bump up the resoultion even more...

AntoLocke
AntoLocke

Posted - 2007.08.25 03:57:00 - [23]

You guys think you have it bad? I run mine at 19200x1200. I can't read the fonts at all. If EVE doesn't fix this problem, I'll take my money elsewhere.
Shin Schei
Shin Schei
Caldari

Posted - 2007.08.25 04:01:00 - [24]

Can I have your stuff?

Well, most of it. You can keep the necro.
Okonaa
Okonaa

Posted - 2007.08.25 14:56:00 - [25]

yea big problem with TFT monitors, running 1680-1050, its annoying and u cant play on lower res because it gets blurry on TFTs

Pages: [1] :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,05s, ref 20240426/2356
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.