Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: [1] :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s)
AsheRaven
AsheRaven

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2004.02.03 17:01:00 - [1]

When I try to veiw the standing of other corps or people I can nly see my won standings.

This needs fixing, can you fis if please?
---------------------------------
AsheRaven
AsheRaven
Minmatar
Brutor tribe

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2004.02.03 17:01:00 - [2]

When I try to veiw the standing of other corps or people I can nly see my won standings.

This needs fixing, can you fis if please?
belzebub1
belzebub1

Posted - 2004.02.03 20:25:00 - [3]

Same for me, It is a bit of a pain Sad

Dont forget to visit Magma Index at the below Link.
http://www.magmaindex.uni.cc/
belzebub1
belzebub1
Gallente
Magma Industries

Posted - 2004.02.03 20:25:00 - [4]

Same for me, It is a bit of a pain Sad
AsheRaven
AsheRaven

Posted - 2004.02.04 10:01:00 - [5]

Edited by: AsheRaven on 04/02/2004 10:01:50
It would be helpful if you could sort this out for the sake of a workable politcal map
AsheRaven
AsheRaven
Minmatar
Brutor tribe

Posted - 2004.02.04 10:01:00 - [6]

Edited by: AsheRaven on 04/02/2004 10:01:50
It would be helpful if you could sort this out for the sake of a workable politcal map
Vel Kyri
Vel Kyri

Posted - 2004.02.04 11:34:00 - [7]

This is a major pain... trying to find out if an unknown is a potential friend or foe, id like to see what other people think of him etc...

but nooo.. i see my own things.

also - might be wise to only be allowed to see what other people think of them, not what they think of other people...
-----
Vel Kyri
Vel Kyri
Carebears need to die

Posted - 2004.02.04 11:34:00 - [8]

This is a major pain... trying to find out if an unknown is a potential friend or foe, id like to see what other people think of him etc...

but nooo.. i see my own things.

also - might be wise to only be allowed to see what other people think of them, not what they think of other people...
Koios
Koios

Posted - 2004.02.04 12:10:00 - [9]

Edited by: Koios on 04/02/2004 12:13:30
Corporation standings are not working, right.

Standings set to 0.0 (Neutral) result in two entries in "Like/Dislike". No way to get rid of a player/corp set standing at all once it is set.

Both features were working before. Corp standing after introduction of the new standing system and "neutralize" before Castor patch.

Apparently 1379 fixed the first according to the corresponding thread, but fix the second issue as well please.

Koios
Koios
Caldari
Deep Core Mining Inc.

Posted - 2004.02.04 12:10:00 - [10]

Edited by: Koios on 04/02/2004 12:13:30
Corporation standings are not working, right.

Standings set to 0.0 (Neutral) result in two entries in "Like/Dislike". No way to get rid of a player/corp set standing at all once it is set.

Both features were working before. Corp standing after introduction of the new standing system and "neutralize" before Castor patch.

Apparently 1379 fixed the first according to the corresponding thread, but fix the second issue as well please.

Jexter
Jexter

Posted - 2004.02.04 13:45:00 - [11]

Don't get me wrong, if there are bugs they ought to be fixed. However, I welcome the fact that the political standings between two corporations/individuals are not available to everybody just by clicking on a few windows.

Leaves more room for intelligence, political manouvres, secret agreements, and stealth operations. But maybe it's just me.

Jexter
Jexter
Caldari
Jokers

Posted - 2004.02.04 13:45:00 - [12]

Don't get me wrong, if there are bugs they ought to be fixed. However, I welcome the fact that the political standings between two corporations/individuals are not available to everybody just by clicking on a few windows.

Leaves more room for intelligence, political manouvres, secret agreements, and stealth operations. But maybe it's just me.

Koios
Koios

Posted - 2004.02.04 17:08:00 - [13]

Edited by: Koios on 04/02/2004 17:10:45
Edited by: Koios on 04/02/2004 17:09:36
It took me quite some time to figure out how the standing system (if it is fixed) is really working:

Players:

Player to player / pc corp standings are only viewable by the involved players under "Relationship".

Player to faction / npc corp standings are open to everybody in the player info "likes / dislikes".

Player to agent and agent to player are disclosed to the public and only appear in players charactersheet and the agent info under "Relationship"

Corp:

Corp to corp / npc corp / faction standings are open to everybody in the corp info "likes / dislikes"

Corp to player standings are as well open in the players info "liked by / disliked by".

Already confusing to this point. Now while the player set standings are less important as they are only a two-side information the corporation standing has a lot more impact.

I like the fact that the corp info shows me the relations to other corps. The "Likes / Dislikes" are less important to me but more interesting is the "liked by / disliked by" part that cannot be influenced by the corp I am looking at.

Now the corp to player standing seems a bit more problematic, especially when a particular reason is specified with that standing entry. You could completetly ruin a players reputation by setting your corps standing towards him to -10.0 and enter "scammer, thief...whatever". This information is open to everybody (even if it is not true at all) and this guy might have a hard time finding a sales partner or a new corp. And he cannot do anything against it.

I don't know if ccp really knows what they have implemented. There was not a single comment nor instructions about the new standing system. It just appeared and it leaves a lot of questions open.

With all the information given you can exactly trace a player by looking at his "transactions" with the npc corps and even locate the agent he is working for and by looking up the agent his station as well. In my eyes this is no information for the public....

Just my thoughts.

Koios
Koios
Caldari
Deep Core Mining Inc.

Posted - 2004.02.04 17:08:00 - [14]

Edited by: Koios on 04/02/2004 17:10:45
Edited by: Koios on 04/02/2004 17:09:36
It took me quite some time to figure out how the standing system (if it is fixed) is really working:

Players:

Player to player / pc corp standings are only viewable by the involved players under "Relationship".

Player to faction / npc corp standings are open to everybody in the player info "likes / dislikes".

Player to agent and agent to player are disclosed to the public and only appear in players charactersheet and the agent info under "Relationship"

Corp:

Corp to corp / npc corp / faction standings are open to everybody in the corp info "likes / dislikes"

Corp to player standings are as well open in the players info "liked by / disliked by".

Already confusing to this point. Now while the player set standings are less important as they are only a two-side information the corporation standing has a lot more impact.

I like the fact that the corp info shows me the relations to other corps. The "Likes / Dislikes" are less important to me but more interesting is the "liked by / disliked by" part that cannot be influenced by the corp I am looking at.

Now the corp to player standing seems a bit more problematic, especially when a particular reason is specified with that standing entry. You could completetly ruin a players reputation by setting your corps standing towards him to -10.0 and enter "scammer, thief...whatever". This information is open to everybody (even if it is not true at all) and this guy might have a hard time finding a sales partner or a new corp. And he cannot do anything against it.

I don't know if ccp really knows what they have implemented. There was not a single comment nor instructions about the new standing system. It just appeared and it leaves a lot of questions open.

With all the information given you can exactly trace a player by looking at his "transactions" with the npc corps and even locate the agent he is working for and by looking up the agent his station as well. In my eyes this is no information for the public....

Just my thoughts.

Elithiomel
Elithiomel

Posted - 2004.02.05 07:10:00 - [15]

Edited by: Elithiomel on 05/02/2004 07:12:43
My problem is that i cannot seem to find a way to set corp to corp standings anymore.

I used to be able to do this from the Corp window on the "standings" tab but the option to add corps to the dislikes list is no longer there.

I also used to be able to set it from the info window on the corp, but when you select the "relationship" tab now, all you get is your own standings and the "show on map" button where there used to be a "set standings" button.

We need to be able to set corp to corp standings.
If I am missing something obviuos please tell me, but from my point of view this appears to be broken.

Edit: just read the 1378++ bugs list and found that this is fixed in patch 1379. Just need to wait for it to move to tranq :(

---------------------------------------------
Engineers motto; If it doesn't fit, force it. If it breaks it needed replacing anyway.
Elithiomel
Elithiomel
Special Circumstances

Posted - 2004.02.05 07:10:00 - [16]

Edited by: Elithiomel on 05/02/2004 07:12:43
My problem is that i cannot seem to find a way to set corp to corp standings anymore.

I used to be able to do this from the Corp window on the "standings" tab but the option to add corps to the dislikes list is no longer there.

I also used to be able to set it from the info window on the corp, but when you select the "relationship" tab now, all you get is your own standings and the "show on map" button where there used to be a "set standings" button.

We need to be able to set corp to corp standings.
If I am missing something obviuos please tell me, but from my point of view this appears to be broken.

Edit: just read the 1378++ bugs list and found that this is fixed in patch 1379. Just need to wait for it to move to tranq :(

---------------------------------------------
Engineers motto; If it doesn't fit, force it. If it breaks it needed replacing anyway.
Langhorn
Langhorn

Posted - 2004.02.05 14:01:00 - [17]

To change corp to corp standings, you need to find someone in that corp, and view the relationship towards that person (under standings tab). There is tells you your corps view towards their corps. Right click on that and edit standings.

If anyone has a current easier method I would like to know.
Langhorn
Langhorn
Gallente
BMF Corp

Posted - 2004.02.05 14:01:00 - [18]

To change corp to corp standings, you need to find someone in that corp, and view the relationship towards that person (under standings tab). There is tells you your corps view towards their corps. Right click on that and edit standings.

If anyone has a current easier method I would like to know.
AsheRaven
AsheRaven

Posted - 2004.02.07 11:26:00 - [19]

Thats just plain silly

What was wrong with the old way. Clicking on the corp itself. Do you know how disfficiult it is to find any one perosn related to a corp you may be interested in these days?

Please please sort it
AsheRaven
AsheRaven
Minmatar
Brutor tribe

Posted - 2004.02.07 11:26:00 - [20]

Thats just plain silly

What was wrong with the old way. Clicking on the corp itself. Do you know how disfficiult it is to find any one perosn related to a corp you may be interested in these days?

Please please sort it
Rosalina Sarinna
Rosalina Sarinna
KHM Corporation

Posted - 2007.04.23 15:46:00 - [21]

Edited by: Rosalina Sarinna on 23/04/2007 15:45:12
Edited by: Rosalina Sarinna on 23/04/2007 15:44:04
I still have this problem.

I assume its a bug that I can't see corp --> corp standings when I am reading another corp's info window right? All I see is my personal standings to the corp, but other people in my corp seem to able to see the corp --> corp standings using the same method as myself.

Edit - My sincere apologies for ressurecting the thread, I searched for a problem identical to what Iv'e got right now and found this thread which I replied to... I'll start a new thread if required.

Pages: [1] :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,05s, ref 20240606/0321
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.