Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: [1] :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s)
Saladin
Saladin

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2004.01.26 17:43:00 - [1]

Hey guys I have this problem when running EvE, my computer will spontaneously reboot. It only started happening when I completely upgraded my machine to reduce client side lag (for them big fights). I changed the CPU, RAM, Graphics card and Hard drive.

So just to clarify, I'm not talking about a CTD, im talking about the screen going black and the computer rebooting. It happens like once or twice a day. If you have the same problem please let me know and maybe we can compare notes.

My specs are:

p4 3GHz
1GB Dual channel DDR RAM
ATI RADEON 9800 PRO
WD 36GB Raptor Hard Drive
Windows XP pro

---------------------------
(c) Copyright Saladin, 2005.
Any editing of this post by a third party will be in violation United States Internet Copyright law 46525 of 2003.
Saladin
Saladin
Minmatar
Eternity INC.
Mercenary Coalition

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2004.01.26 17:43:00 - [2]

Hey guys I have this problem when running EvE, my computer will spontaneously reboot. It only started happening when I completely upgraded my machine to reduce client side lag (for them big fights). I changed the CPU, RAM, Graphics card and Hard drive.

So just to clarify, I'm not talking about a CTD, im talking about the screen going black and the computer rebooting. It happens like once or twice a day. If you have the same problem please let me know and maybe we can compare notes.

My specs are:

p4 3GHz
1GB Dual channel DDR RAM
ATI RADEON 9800 PRO
Windows XP pro

----
Lynal Bother
Lynal Bother

Posted - 2004.01.26 23:27:00 - [3]

Quote:

My specs are:

p4 3GHz
1GB Dual channel DDR RAM
ATI RADEON 9800 PRO
Windows XP pro

Could be that...(i doubt) youv got the wrong PCxxxx RAM, or that (more likely) the CPU is over heating and causing a "safe" boot function on the M-bord to kickin.
"Botehred"
Omen (Bad Omen I-X ) (R.I.P)
Maller (Unnameable I) (R.I.P)
Typhoon (Red Dwarf I) (R.I.P)
Tempest (Reighous Endvor) (R.IP)

Lynal Bother
Lynal Bother
Caldari
Caldari Provisions

Posted - 2004.01.26 23:27:00 - [4]

Quote:

My specs are:

p4 3GHz
1GB Dual channel DDR RAM
ATI RADEON 9800 PRO
Windows XP pro

Could be that...(i doubt) youv got the wrong PCxxxx RAM, or that (more likely) the CPU is over heating and causing a "safe" boot function on the M-bord to kickin.
"Botehred"
Omen (Bad Omen I-X ) (R.I.P)
Maller (Unnameable I) (R.I.P)
Typhoon (Red Dwarf I) (R.I.P)
Tempest (Reighous Endvor) (R.IP)

Skillshot
Skillshot

Posted - 2004.01.27 11:13:00 - [5]

if you have conflicting dma that can happen
Skillshot
Skillshot

Posted - 2004.01.27 11:13:00 - [6]

if you have conflicting dma that can happen
Millibug
Millibug

Posted - 2004.01.28 20:28:00 - [7]

Having same problems. Did you sort it out yet Saladin?
Millibug
Millibug

Posted - 2004.01.28 20:28:00 - [8]

Having same problems. Did you sort it out yet Saladin?
DoomGlazer
DoomGlazer

Posted - 2004.01.28 22:15:00 - [9]

Edited by: DoomGlazer on 28/01/2004 22:18:04
me having the same problem me don't like it and me didn't change a thing on my pc just installed the patch so it's a patch problem
DoomGlazer
DoomGlazer

Posted - 2004.01.28 22:15:00 - [10]

Edited by: DoomGlazer on 28/01/2004 22:18:04
me having the same problem me don't like it and me didn't change a thing on my pc just installed the patch so it's a patch problem
majorcb
majorcb

Posted - 2004.01.29 11:33:00 - [11]

I have the same problem, I do not think it has anything to do with this game. I have the same problem when I play Renegade.
My comp specs:
pent 4, 2.4 Mhz
Windows XP Home
512 RAM
9600 PRO Radeon card
Must be the graphic driver, I do not know wich one to download from the ATI.com site. I've heard of the Catalyst drivers now.
Anybody knows if they are good? Rolling Eyes
Grtz Ducati
majorcb
majorcb

Posted - 2004.01.29 11:33:00 - [12]

I have the same problem, I do not think it has anything to do with this game. I have the same problem when I play Renegade.
My comp specs:
pent 4, 2.4 Mhz
Windows XP Home
512 RAM
9600 PRO Radeon card
Must be the graphic driver, I do not know wich one to download from the ATI.com site. I've heard of the Catalyst drivers now.
Anybody knows if they are good? Rolling Eyes
Grtz Ducati
Atinia
Atinia

Posted - 2004.01.29 12:42:00 - [13]

Just a thought, are you running any CPU/System temperature monitoring software? 'Cause if you are and the settings are a bit low some of them will shut down or restart your system. I've had that happen to me once, thank god I was in a station. Have set the acceptance temperature a bit higher now.

A.
Atinia
Atinia

Posted - 2004.01.29 12:42:00 - [14]

Just a thought, are you running any CPU/System temperature monitoring software? 'Cause if you are and the settings are a bit low some of them will shut down or restart your system. I've had that happen to me once, thank god I was in a station. Have set the acceptance temperature a bit higher now.

A.
Vistilantus
Vistilantus

Posted - 2004.01.29 15:40:00 - [15]

i had the same probs, but i was running a barton 2500 and 512mb DDR 400, i set the FSB to 200 mhz and the CPU can only handle 166mhz, i switched it down to 166mhz and, woohoo, no random reboots or CTD's

Give it a try, knock down the FSB a little.

~Vistilantus

~I don't Have an attitude problem, YOU have a perception problem.
Vistilantus
Vistilantus
Caldari
Salvaging and Exploration Co.

Posted - 2004.01.29 15:40:00 - [16]

i had the same probs, but i was running a barton 2500 and 512mb DDR 400, i set the FSB to 200 mhz and the CPU can only handle 166mhz, i switched it down to 166mhz and, woohoo, no random reboots or CTD's

Give it a try, knock down the FSB a little.

Posted - 2004.01.30 01:25:00 - [17]

Having same problems but it is CTD and they are happening about every 5 to 15mins:
AMD 2500 XP
768 DDR ram pc3200
GeForce FX 5200 128ddr ram
Windows XP Home,

any suggestions to what I can turn down or up would be appreciated.

GhostWing
GhostWing
GhostWing Corp

Posted - 2004.01.30 01:25:00 - [18]

Having same problems but it is CTD and they are happening about every 5 to 15mins:
AMD 2500 XP
768 DDR ram pc3200
GeForce FX 5200 128ddr ram
Windows XP Home,

any suggestions to what I can turn down or up would be appreciated.

Mad Mackem
Mad Mackem

Posted - 2004.01.30 01:32:00 - [19]

A few pointers to try and combat reboot problems. Try running the mchine with the side of the case off, if that solves it its a heat problem. If youve upgraded a few bit make sure your power supply can cope, new parts consume more amps than ever so this could be the problem.

Mad Mackem
Mad Mackem
E X O D U S

Posted - 2004.01.30 01:32:00 - [20]

A few pointers to try and combat reboot problems. Try running the mchine with the side of the case off, if that solves it its a heat problem. If youve upgraded a few bit make sure your power supply can cope, new parts consume more amps than ever so this could be the problem.

DoomGlazer
DoomGlazer

Posted - 2004.01.30 07:59:00 - [21]

Well i didn't change a thing on my PC and my side panel is almost alway's of. I tell you it only started to reboot when installing the patch. And it starts to reboot after around 15 minutes. And i don't think it's my video card. Bacause i can play the latest games without any problem so it's definatly the patch
DoomGlazer
DoomGlazer

Posted - 2004.01.30 07:59:00 - [22]

Well i didn't change a thing on my PC and my side panel is almost alway's of. I tell you it only started to reboot when installing the patch. And it starts to reboot after around 15 minutes. And i don't think it's my video card. Bacause i can play the latest games without any problem so it's definatly the patch
Curses
Curses
Gallente
Alliance among Wolves
EVE Animal Control

Posted - 2007.06.22 04:55:00 - [23]

Edited by: Curses on 22/06/2007 04:54:44
ya, im having same problems i bsod while playin eve, but no other games. Isnt an overheating problem ive got water cooling and running below 40c at all times.

specs:
Asus M2N-SLI deluxe mobo
AMD 64x2 6000+ proc
Nvidia 7950 GT
2gigs DDR2 800 ram
Corsair 620W PSU

Pages: [1] :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,05s, ref 20240527/1240
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.