Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:Mass Disconnect - 16:35 12/04/2015

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 4 post(s)
CCP Falcon
CCP Falcon

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2015.04.12 16:48:12 - [1] - Quote

We are aware of a large player drop that occured today at around 16:35.

Tranquility and all associated services are operating fine, so we're currently looking at the cause of this player drop.

If there's anything else to update with, it'll happen in this thread.

- F

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

Iam The Flash
Iam The Flash
S.O.E Brotherhood

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2015.04.12 16:51:15 - [2] - Quote

Yeh u gonna tell us all is fine again falcon

clearly it's not, 4th day in a row

but yeh

all is fine no?
Cubey James
Cubey James
Smacktards

Posted - 2015.04.12 16:51:19 - [3] - Quote

Thanks for the update.
Jenshae Chiroptera
Jenshae Chiroptera

Posted - 2015.04.12 16:52:04 - [4] - Quote

Please paste a tracert with your home IP address removed and the nation you are residing in. Thank you.

CCP - Building ant hills and magnifying glasses for fat kids

High Sec needs a stepping stone to other areas of space, where they can grow

Fozzie is treating a symptom.

5v3N
5v3N
State Protectorate
Caldari State

Posted - 2015.04.12 16:52:19 - [5] - Quote

All fine and log shows nothing, yet the player numbers drop and drop
ISquishWorms
ISquishWorms

Posted - 2015.04.12 16:52:41 - [6] - Quote

Do not care if TQ is fine if I am unable to connect and play without getting disconnected what is the point?

This is been happening a number of days now sometimes multiple times a day.

Please fix it.

GÇÿNo, this isn't it at all. Make it more... psssshhhhGÇÖ.

Wombat Ribeye
Wombat Ribeye
Vombatus Ursinus

Posted - 2015.04.12 16:52:52 - [7] - Quote

ccplease
SecretService
SecretService
Secret Services

Posted - 2015.04.12 16:53:34 - [8] - Quote

All is fine?

This is unbearable for the last days. We can't do anything... disconnecting while vulnerable is no fun!
Lina Sovereign
Lina Sovereign
Astromechanica Maxima
Astromechanica Federatis

Posted - 2015.04.12 16:53:59 - [9] - Quote

This week was very bad indeed.
OverlordY
OverlordY
Interspan

Posted - 2015.04.12 16:54:07 - [10] - Quote

http://eve-offline.net/?server=tranquility

dropped to 0 apparently.
Shell Seeker
Shell Seeker
Holy Security Homeguard Intelligence Team

Posted - 2015.04.12 16:56:33 - [11] - Quote

OverlordY wrote:
http://eve-offline.net/?server=tranquility

dropped to 0 apparently.

No, I was not kicked out. Others from germany were hit though.
Ivarr Kerensky
Ivarr Kerensky
Kerensky Tactical Group

Posted - 2015.04.12 16:59:37 - [12] - Quote

Lots of (future) ignorant replies in this thread.

Let me explain it for the somewhat slower people: What Falcon meant is that TQ hardware and internal routing works just fine and that, thus, the issue is something external. Meaning it's a) not their fault and b) not within their grasp to immediately troubleshoot or mend.

Now, take your uninformed entitlement somewhere else. Thanks.

Excellence is an attitude.

Eria Quint
Eria Quint
Republic University
Minmatar Republic

Posted - 2015.04.12 17:00:06 - [13] - Quote

Some friends from Belgium were also kicked out, although not everybody.
Garmyne Atavuli
Garmyne Atavuli
Pator Tech School
Minmatar Republic

Posted - 2015.04.12 17:01:56 - [14] - Quote

If all is fine Falcon, then why can't I stay connected for more than an hour?
wagg
wagg
NewRingsOrion
Northern Associates.

Posted - 2015.04.12 17:02:45 - [15] - Quote

Relax guys. It's just a game. Drink a cup of tea :)
Lion Arthie
Lion Arthie
Dedonic Blue

Posted - 2015.04.12 17:03:11 - [16] - Quote

CCP Falcon wrote:
We are aware of a large player drop that occured today at around 16:35.

Tranquility and all associated services are operating fine, so we're currently looking at the cause of this player drop.

If there's anything else to update with, it'll happen in this thread.

- F

According to your post yesterday: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=418170 , wasn't this issue 'resolved externally' already?

Iam The Flash
Iam The Flash
S.O.E Brotherhood

Posted - 2015.04.12 17:03:43 - [17] - Quote

How is it not their fault?

Nothing else stopped working for me.

Three server conenctions to work stayed up, 2 x FTP clients working fine, teamspeak working fine, skype working fine. No issue with youtube or ctrlaltdel online either.

Yeh three eve accounts shut down n refuse to connect

And it's not their fault?

lol much m8
Luna Deos
Luna Deos
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation

Posted - 2015.04.12 17:04:33 - [18] - Quote

Iam The Flash wrote:
Yeh u gonna tell us all is fine again falcon

clearly it's not, 4th day in a row

but yeh

all is fine no?

Doesn't necessarily mean it's CCP that is the issue. Anything on the tier 1 or 2 networks that connects you to Iceland could be involved.

Take a look at http://internetpulse.com/ sometime when you're having issues like this. You'll probably find there's an event going on that is neither your fault nor the fault of whoever has a service you're trying to use.
Ivarr Kerensky
Ivarr Kerensky
Kerensky Tactical Group

Posted - 2015.04.12 17:05:38 - [19] - Quote

Iam The Flash wrote:

Three server conenctions to work stayed up, 2 x FTP clients working fine, teamspeak working fine, skype working fine. No issue with youtube or ctrlaltdel online either.

lol much m8

ISP routing, look it up.

EnForceR Zealot
EnForceR Zealot
Spectraliz IIZ

Posted - 2015.04.12 17:07:23 - [20] - Quote

-ñ-¦-¦-+-+-¦-ï-¦ -+-¦-Ç-¦-+-+-¦-+ -¦-+-¦-¦-é-î! -Ñ-Ç-+-ü-é-+-ü -¦-+-ü-¦-Ç-¦-ü! -í -¦-+-æ-+ -¦-+-ü-+-+-+-¦-¦-é-+-¦-+!
Iam The Flash
Iam The Flash
S.O.E Brotherhood

Posted - 2015.04.12 17:07:23 - [21] - Quote

Ivarr Kerensky wrote:
Iam The Flash wrote:

lol much m8

ISP routing, look it up.

Yes my ISP just decided en-mass with HUNDREDS of other ISP'S to shut down our connections to CCP Gaming. Yeh, tottally.

Idiot
OverlordY
OverlordY
Interspan

Posted - 2015.04.12 17:11:08 - [22] - Quote

There Eve server is in London.

The server itself is fine.

But connections TO IT, keep being dropped.

Probably a router in the same building / datacentre is faulty.
Ivarr Kerensky
Ivarr Kerensky
Kerensky Tactical Group

Posted - 2015.04.12 17:11:48 - [23] - Quote

Iam The Flash wrote:
Yes my ISP just decided en-mass with HUNDREDS of other ISP'S to shut down our connections to CCP Gaming. Yeh, tottally.

Idiot

I'll just quote this for future generations, to laugh at. Perhaps you (and we) should come to realise that you're not really that knowledgeable when it comes to the inner workings of the intertubes.

WhiteFerret
WhiteFerret
Viziam
Amarr Empire

Posted - 2015.04.12 17:16:09 - [24] - Quote

EnForceR Zealot wrote:
-ñ-¦-¦-+-+-¦-ï-¦ -+-¦-Ç-¦-+-+-¦-+ -¦-+-¦-¦-é-î! -Ñ-Ç-+-ü-é-+-ü -¦-+-ü-¦-Ç-¦-ü! -í -¦-+-æ-+ -¦-+-ü-+-+-+-¦-¦-é-+-¦-+!

No, please dont invade Iceland, because you cant login in to EVE.
CCP Falcon
CCP Falcon

Posted - 2015.04.12 17:16:31 - [25] - Quote

UPDATE - 12/04/2015 - 17:13

After extensive investigation, we've been able to confirm that the connection issues experienced by players over the last few days have been caused by a series of DDoS attacks targeted at Tranquility.

Tranquility is perfectly healthy and is running fine, however we're currently working on resolving the situation, and the network issues that the attacks are causing.

We apologize for any interruption that the connection issues caused by these incidents are causing to your gameplay.

CCP Falcon || EVE Universe Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

Ecklectrix
Ecklectrix
Interstellar Nuclear Penguins
DARKNESS.

Posted - 2015.04.12 17:16:49 - [26] - Quote

Ivarr Kerensky wrote:
Now, take your uninformed entitlement somewhere else. Thanks.

People usually feel entitled, when they already paid upfront for something that isn't working. Generally that's because they actually ARE entitled...thats what paying for something does. It gives you a title...usually the title is like "paying customer" and it does come with "entitlements" believe it or not.
Jenshae Chiroptera
Jenshae Chiroptera

Posted - 2015.04.12 17:18:13 - [27] - Quote

Iam The Flash wrote:
Idiot
It can be the ISP nearest or near CCPs servers.
Such an obvious failure of basic logic is really pathetic.

Cubey James
Cubey James
Smacktards

Posted - 2015.04.12 17:19:52 - [28] - Quote

Damn script kiddies.
Jenshae Chiroptera
Jenshae Chiroptera

Posted - 2015.04.12 17:21:55 - [29] - Quote

CCP Falcon wrote:
UPDATE - 12/04/2015 - 17:13

After extensive investigation, we've been able to confirm that the connection issues experienced by players over the last few days have been caused by a series of DDoS attacks targeted at Tranquility.

Tranquility is perfectly healthy and is running fine, however we're currently working on resolving the situation, and the network issues that the attacks are causing.

We apologize for any interruption that the connection issues caused by these incidents are causing to your gameplay.
Was it CCP?

I remember talk a few years ago when there was a rash of DDoS attacks. One of the gaming companies had made an agreement with other companies that if it happened their client did a series of fall back connections that routed through other companies.

Basically a few white listed IP addresses (with a lot of hardware backing them up) that connections were estabilished via and initiated by the client. Distributing and nullifying the attacks.

Steve Ronuken
Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM

Posted - 2015.04.12 18:09:50 - [30] - Quote

Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:
Iam The Flash wrote:
Idiot
It can be the ISP nearest or near CCPs servers.
Such an obvious failure of basic logic is really pathetic.

I think a lot of people don't understand how the internet is actually wired together. (mostly because they don't need to know)

For those people, the short (and incorrect, but close enough for government work) version is:

You connect to your ISP.

Your ISP connects to other isps.

Those ISPs connect to the vendor that CCP gets their bandwidth from.

That connects to CCP's server.

There are often 15+ hops between you and the servers you're talking to (30 is around the maximum that will be supported. ish.) a failure or overuse of any of those (This is what a DDOS does, in addition to overloading servers) leads to you unable to connect.

https://www.linx.net/index.html is one of the interchanges between ISPs

Woo! CSM X!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,08s, ref 20240426/0535
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.