Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

sepopen EVE General Discussion
    sepopen Announcement:2015-02-25 - Unscheduled Downtime Extension

» Click here to find additional results for this topic using Google
 Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 30 .. 33 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 16 post(s)
Katarina The Despoiler
Katarina The Despoiler
Domination and Retribution

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2015.02.25 12:39:06 - [91] - Quote

Ling Gong Chen wrote:
i care the least what you comment my complaining.

the server is down. there is no game to play. you made this game for people to play. you fail to fix the game you fail your job. when you fail your job, you will get complaining from people who play this game. pure and simple.

i don't care being a jerk but there must be someone who stands out and start to remind ccp that customers are having unhappy mood. you expect everyone keeps their manners and stay quite for your mistake? sorry that is not how the reality goes.

Tell you what, you go make a game, that is even console standard let alone a huge MMO like eve, and make it with no mistakes, no flaws, no issues, then you can comment on others, because you know what, Nearly every games company to date has issues occasionally, be it console or online based. It happens, Deal with it. Have some patience.

Time Will Tell, Sooner or Later, Time Will Tell.

Sodamn In-sane
Sodamn In-sane
Phorever People

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2015.02.25 12:39:37 - [92] - Quote

Stephanie MayGraves wrote:
I'm guessing server still down,
But i have to say some of the posts i seen im so ashamed of people CCP have brought us an deep truely awesome game and i read posts and topics of people bashing away at CCP when errors happen.
complaining does nothing specially when CCP working hard to sort it and tbh can those who complain fix it prob not.
is it worth waiting for server to be fixed yes cause when it goes back online normally it's fine so instead on folks having a pop at CCP i would like to Thank them for an awesome game and wish them the best in fixing the issue

if you paid for a car that kept breaking down wouldnt you go bash the guy that sold you it?

afterall some of us pay RL monies for this
Sexy Cakes
Sexy Cakes
Have A Seat

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:39:46 - [93] - Quote

CCP Falcon wrote:
It was, then it was a software thing, now it's a software and hardware thing Lol

Look what you did.

Not today spaghetti.

ExInD
ExInD
Vipres'
Templis CALSF

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:39:47 - [94] - Quote

As long as Eve does not crash anymore in the middle of fights
Jai'd Rothschild
Jai'd Rothschild
EVE University
Ivy League

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:40:26 - [95] - Quote

Honestly... I'm not here to say anything rude to anyone so I'm sorry if it comes off wrong,

... But it's slightly annoying that we pay you a ton of money... ( I mean seriously. come on... 15 if not 20 a month to play this game times 40 thousand people) ...collectively and you're still have trouble figuring out the game you created. Why not get down to fixing the issues instead of changing minute details in the randoms.

Let's make the people of Eve want to keep playing it and... (instead of being burnt out like other video games after a few wasted years of trying to understand)... enjoy and consistently try to do better within so.

... There is a lot about this game I like, but ... I like the game for the space but at the same time, it's not like you can get online and just go run a "dungeon" or something. There is zero upfront profitability to this game.

... Ever since I started playing this game about a month or so ago, all I feel like I've done is move from one side of the galaxy to the next and for reason such as the corporation I had joined either had only 1-5 members or that others like Brave Newbie nonsense won't let you join the fleets til you get the Mumble working.

... Anyway, I'll stop talking now.
Typing*

...Jai
Serdar Tyrnx
Serdar Tyrnx

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:40:35 - [96] - Quote

Cedric Rochester wrote:
Serdar Tyrnx wrote:
CCP Falcon, in other words, you actually have no clue whats wrong :)

No, they have an idea what's wrong. It would just take longer to explain the specifics of it to you in a manner that you would understand, than it would to go fix the problem. Providing us with need-to-know updates like 'hey we're making progress' or, 'we found a new problem', is simply secondary to the actual problem: fixing the servers so you all stop crying. :p

contrary to your belief, i actually enjoy downtime, its when i can watch a bunch of people get annoyed about something so... trivial.
Fenglorian Egivand
Fenglorian Egivand
Steelforge Heavy Industries
Dream Citizens

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:40:51 - [97] - Quote

Cedric Rochester wrote:
Serdar Tyrnx wrote:

No, they have an idea what's wrong. It would just take longer to explain the specifics of it to you in a manner that you would understand, than it would to go fix the problem. Providing us with need-to-know updates like 'hey we're making progress' or, 'we found a new problem', is simply secondary to the actual problem: fixing the servers so you all stop crying. :p

You know they have seperate guys for that right?
Syjeklye
Syjeklye
The Knights Templars
Dark Knights of Eden

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:40:52 - [98] - Quote

But i have to say some of the posts i seen im so ashamed of people CCP have brought us an deep truely awesome game and i read posts and topics of people bashing away at CCP when errors happen.
complaining does nothing specially when CCP working hard to sort it and tbh can those who complain fix it prob not.
is it worth waiting for server to be fixed yes cause when it goes back online normally it's fine so instead on folks having a pop at CCP i would like to Thank them for an awesome game and wish them the best in fixing the issue

Yeah i don't get it, Game the keeps on going, don't have to pay for expansions, keeps on developing people just need wanna be punks sometimes its a shame CCP never lets me down tho, never had a ticket not get answered or a issue not handled.
Aribeth Thiesant
Aribeth Thiesant
Fluffy Inquisition

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:40:57 - [99] - Quote

Exactly.. I've played a few large and well established MMOS and they all have much more bothersome downtimes with mods and devs that refuse to communicate with players. This downtime is NOTHING.
CCP Falcon
CCP Falcon

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:41:00 - [100] - Quote

Cedric Rochester wrote:
Serdar Tyrnx wrote:

This basically.

For those of you who would prefer, I'll provide pictorial reference for the current situation:

CCP Falcon || Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

dr foster
dr foster
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:41:22 - [101] - Quote

And here is your participation trophy
Bastilla Tivianne
Bastilla Tivianne
Bene Gesserit ChapterHouse
Sanctuary Pact

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:42:31 - [102] - Quote

I laugh when I see so much negative... the sad reality is that people don't care that problems happen they only think about themselves not the people working behind the scenes trying to fix the problem....
but rudeness begets more rudeness...

Thank you CCP for working on all of this regardless of the cause.. looking forward to it coming back up
Silverbackyererse
Silverbackyererse
The Church of Awesome
Caldari State Capturing

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:42:34 - [103] - Quote

Katarina The Despoiler wrote:
Ling Gong Chen wrote:

the server is down. there is no game to play. you made this game for people to play. you fail to fix the game you fail your job. when you fail your job, you will get complaining from people who play this game. pure and simple.

i don't care being a jerk but there must be someone who stands out and start to remind ccp that customers are having unhappy mood. you expect everyone keeps their manners and stay quite for your mistake? sorry that is not how the reality goes.

Tell you what, you go make a game, that is even console standard let alone a huge MMO like eve, and make it with no mistakes, no flaws, no issues, then you can comment on others, because you know what, Nearly every games company to date has issues occasionally, be it console or online based. It happens, Deal with it. Have some patience.

Hasbro never had these problems with Monopoly. The little metal pieces there never break down!
Ling Gong Chen
Ling Gong Chen
ALL THE LONELY PEOPLE

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:43:00 - [104] - Quote

CCP Falcon wrote:

Your corp name might be a result of your entirely unreasonable attitude to a completely unscheduled event that we're working as fast as we can to resolve.

Post constructively, or don't post at all.

there is one more thing. please remember that you have a blue tag on your image. what you said and those word of choices you made are not just about you. there is a ccp before your name. next time choose your word wisely as a pubilc announcer. that is so unprofessional.
Bromaru Mogami
Bromaru Mogami
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:43:04 - [105] - Quote

CCP Falcon wrote:
Cedric Rochester wrote:
Serdar Tyrnx wrote:

This basically.

For those of you who would prefer, I'll provide pictorial reference for the current situation:

[img]https://38.media.tumblr.com/0752d1a24082482a00fb98f0b1660732/tumblr_n2etdfXSuy1rsale3o1_400.gif[/img]

Hahaha yes. Well at least there's some sense of humor left at CCP so it didn't all burn down to ground ... at lest yet.
Omar Alharazaad
Omar Alharazaad
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:43:10 - [106] - Quote

Ling Gong Chen wrote:

i don't care being a jerk but there must be someone who stands out and start to remind ccp that customers are having unhappy mood. you expect everyone keeps theire manners and stay quite for your mistake? sorry that is not how the reality goes.

Reality goes as such: Systems become unstable when new things are introduced to them; sometimes right away, sometimes later. All machines are subject to the vagaries of entropy, and as such malfunction or flat out break at times. In both cases fixing needs to happen to make the issue resolve. This means a system or machine has to be brought to a stop in order to perform maintenance. If you are skeptical about this I invite you to try changing the oil on your car sometime while it's still running, or better yet the alternator.

It is dark here. You are likely to be eaten by a grue.

Arline Kley
Arline Kley
PIE Inc.
Praetoria Imperialis Excubitoris

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:43:24 - [107] - Quote

The real reason why the servers are down:

http://movierdo.com/my_para/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/moss-vista.gif

"For it was said they had become like those peculiar demons, which dwell in matter but in whom no light may be found." - Father Grigori, Ravens 3:57

Ygaff Desfois
Ygaff Desfois
QC-PunksNotDead

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:43:56 - [108] - Quote

CCP Falcon wrote:
Cedric Rochester wrote:
Serdar Tyrnx wrote:

This basically.

[img]https://38.media.tumblr.com/0752d1a24082482a00fb98f0b1660732/tumblr_n2etdfXSuy1rsale3o1_400.gif[/img]

Dah I was thinking it was a mistake made by Kevin or the hamsters :(
Rawthorm
Rawthorm
D.M.T inc
Circle-Of-Two

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:44:41 - [109] - Quote

MadDan ermygod wrote:
Syndiaan wrote:
MadDan ermygod wrote:
Syndiaan wrote:
MadDan ermygod wrote:
if there's going to be consecutive extended downtimes..

can we PLEASE at least move the times around a bit!

right smack in the middle of prime playing time for AU time zone :-(

Server downtimes are on a scheduled basis which is the way it should be. When the servers are down and under maintenance is when they are able to identify the issue and fix it, it would be illogical to bring the servers back up and then bring them back down again during the time frame they have the biggest player base trying to log on just to satisfy a minority of the player base.

fairly certain it could be moved back a few hours.... will make it earlier in the us... (doubt many people will be playing at 3-5am.. depending on which side your on of course)

frees up prime time here and even skips prime time in EU

You seem to have missed the concept of unscheduled, when the servers were brought down is when the issue was found.

i'm talking about the concept of having downtime right smack in the middle of a prime time for a region

surely it can be tweaked a little to dodge all the main prime times ;-)

then everyone is happy.... and you dont have an entire region getting pissed off by downtime right smack in the thick of things

Datacenter is in London. You want your prime time staff on hand at DT so that when this kind of thing happens you have all hands on deck to fix it, not the poor souls on a graveyard shift.
Amelia Ronuken
Amelia Ronuken
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:45:01 - [110] - Quote

CCP Falcon wrote:
Cedric Rochester wrote:
Serdar Tyrnx wrote:

This basically.

You're in love with this image!

I counter with my own!

http://imgur.com/1I1gnZP
Tasnala Estidal
Tasnala Estidal
Viziam
Amarr Empire

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:45:58 - [111] - Quote

Syjeklye wrote:

But....he might get out of breath and realize that hes wasting his life away at the computer, and spending countless hours away like the rest of us.......One of us..... one of us....

The outside is a big scary place, I can understand his anger in being forced into confrontation with the elements. Its a form of non-consensual engagement. C&P gets its fair share of people griping about non-consensual this or that, I was surprised to see it here. Personally, I went and had a nice bowl of clam chowder.

Keep up the hard work CCP, those hamsters will be back on the wheel in no time. All you naysayers need to push back from the keyboard and realise that fixing something in the server room could be a touch more difficult than fixing moms pc.
Sodamn In-sane
Sodamn In-sane
Phorever People

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:46:00 - [112] - Quote

oops
kes88
kes88
Swords of Persephone

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:46:02 - [113] - Quote

Guys, guys, calm yourselves. It's gonna be okay. CCP Falcon has just informed us through the medium of GIF that they're on it, they're emailing the fire brigade as we speak. Blink
Syjeklye
Syjeklye
The Knights Templars
Dark Knights of Eden

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:46:03 - [114] - Quote

Jai'd Rothschild wrote:
Honestly... I'm not here to say anything rude to anyone so I'm sorry if it comes off wrong,

... But it's slightly annoying that we pay you a ton of money... ( I mean seriously. come on... 15 if not 20 a month to play this game times 40 thousand people) ...collectively and you're still have trouble figuring out the game you created. Why not get down to fixing the issues instead of changing minute details in the randoms.

Let's make the people of Eve want to keep playing it and... (instead of being burnt out like other video games after a few wasted years of trying to understand)... enjoy and consistently try to do better within so.

... There is a lot about this game I like, but ... I like the game for the space but at the same time, it's not like you can get online and just go run a "dungeon" or something. There is zero upfront profitability to this game.

... Ever since I started playing this game about a month or so ago, all I feel like I've done is move from one side of the galaxy to the next and for reason such as the corporation I had joined either had only 1-5 members or that others like Brave Newbie nonsense won't let you join the fleets til you get the Mumble working.

... Anyway, I'll stop talking now.
Typing*

...Jai

Man their is major profitability in this game you just have to find a path the stick with it, until you have a year or so into this game you just need to find 1 thing and stick with it instead of trying to do everything.
Duramora Kado
Duramora Kado
Mindstar Technology
Get Off My Lawn

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:46:06 - [115] - Quote

Ling Gong Chen wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:

Your corp name might be a result of your entirely unreasonable attitude to a completely unscheduled event that we're working as fast as we can to resolve.

there is one more thing. please remember that you have a blue tag on your image. what you said and those word of choices you made are not just about you. there is a ccp before your name. next time choose your word wisely as a pubilc announcer. that is so unprofessional.

Please! If there's anyone here being unprofessional, its you...

Can I have your stuff?
Vanilla Mooses
Vanilla Mooses
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:46:50 - [116] - Quote

Syndiaan wrote:
MadDan ermygod wrote:
if there's going to be consecutive extended downtimes..

can we PLEASE at least move the times around a bit!

right smack in the middle of prime playing time for AU time zone :-(

Server downtimes are on a scheduled basis which is the way it should be. When the servers are down and under maintenance is when they are able to identify the issue and fix it, it would be illogical to bring the servers back up and then bring them back down again during the time frame they have the biggest player base trying to log on just to satisfy a minority of the player base.

g8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8

you *are* just trolling, right?
dr foster
dr foster
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:47:10 - [117] - Quote

Ling Gong Chen wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:

I agree but there was also this ---- https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=408776&find=unread

A fairly innocent post that was abruptly answered not good
CCP Falcon
CCP Falcon

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:47:43 - [118] - Quote

Ling Gong Chen wrote:
CCP Falcon wrote:

Thanks for the advice, now stop trolling and posting off topic. Last warning.

CCP Falcon || Community Manager || @CCP_Falcon

Happy Birthday To FAWLTY7! <3

Cyinii Erkkinen
Cyinii Erkkinen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:48:00 - [119] - Quote

Tasnala Estidal wrote:
Syjeklye wrote:

But....he might get out of breath and realize that hes wasting his life away at the computer, and spending countless hours away like the rest of us.......One of us..... one of us....

The outside is a big scary place, I can understand his anger in being forced into confrontation with the elements. Its a form of non-consensual engagement. C&P gets its fair share of people griping about non-consensual this or that, I was surprised to see it here. Personally, I went and had a nice bowl of clam chowder.

Keep up the hard work CCP, those hamsters will be back on the wheel in no time. All you naysayers need to push back from the keyboard and realise that fixing something in the server room could be a touch more difficult than fixing moms pc.

More than likely he's a grown man who spends plenty of time working outside to feed his family and pay for his eve sub that he's currently not able to use. All too easy to assume things over the internet, isn't it?
Xylem Viliana
Xylem Viliana
Protomonolithic

Posted - 2015.02.25 12:48:03 - [120] - Quote

CCP Falcon wrote:
Ling Gong Chen wrote:
i don't know how long will this take and probably even you don't know how long this will take.

what i know is that no one is happy about an unannouced dt extension. you can't promise us for 30mins and make it to a god-knows-when finish.

we want compensations, no excuse, and no debates.

Come on man, unreasonable or not he is still a customer, and pointing to his corp name and reflecting it to his attitude like that can even go so far as to be considered as a personal attack judging by what your ISD do.

Simple customer service man, polite and professional should be your aim. Not that kind of half veiled insult. We know that CCP are doing what they can to fix this. Some people like in every aspect of life are unreasonable, that doesnt mean you have to respond in that manner.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 30 .. 33 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,13s, ref 20240420/0328
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.