Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 1 post(s)
Stained
Stained

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2003.10.13 22:01:00 - [61]

Edited by: Stained on 13/10/2003 22:15:57
Edited by: Stained on 13/10/2003 22:13:48
Evol does not exploit......

As a matter of fact most of the evolution guys are easy to get along with and pretty easy going(cept for Homo Erectus and Flatliner, I think they got a screw or two loose). I doubt they would do something like that. Anyways the server was really unstable yesterday, so don't post without legit proof.

Oh yea, and the whole Logging off and logging on thing is way cheap. It brings the whole aspect of in-game fighting to a who can hide more players way of playing. That just isn't right IMO. No RP'ing aspect to logging in and out at all.

Anyways just puttin my two cents in.

Oh yea, CA pwns you ;).

Hair is Over-rated.

Stained
Stained
Minmatar
Four Horsemen

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2003.10.13 22:01:00 - [62]

As a matter of fact most of the evolution guys are easy to get along with and pretty easy going(cept for Homo Erectus and Flatliner, I think they got a screw or two loose). I doubt they would do something like that. Anyways the server was really unstable yesterday, so don't post without legit proof.

Oh yea, and the whole Logging off and logging on thing is way cheap. It brings the whole aspect of in-game fighting to a who can hide more players way of playing. That just isn't right IMO. No RP'ing aspect to logging in and out at all.

Oh yea, CA pwns you ;).

Hair is Over-rated.

Khaydin
Khaydin

Posted - 2003.10.13 22:27:00 - [63]

Hahah! If this was true, the poster (either Loose Cannon, or Toffi3) would have used their real char instead of an alt. Do a search for what and that char doesn't even exist anymore. They know its not true and didn't wanna look like morons so they posted it on an alt and probably deleted it right after posting. GG
Khaydin
Khaydin

Posted - 2003.10.13 22:27:00 - [64]

Hahah! If this was true, the poster (either Loose Cannon, or Toffi3) would have used their real char instead of an alt. Do a search for what and that char doesn't even exist anymore. They know its not true and didn't wanna look like morons so they posted it on an alt and probably deleted it right after posting. GG
Joshua Calvert
Joshua Calvert

Posted - 2003.10.13 22:32:00 - [65]

Quote:

Oh yea, CA pwns you ;).

Jump-in camping has become de rigeur for the same reasons...lame but effective.

Gives people a taste of what cloaking devices will bring to the game.

LEEEEERRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!
Joshua Calvert
Joshua Calvert
Caldari
Celestial Horizon Corp.

Posted - 2003.10.13 22:32:00 - [66]

Quote:

Oh yea, CA pwns you ;).

Jump-in camping has become de rigeur for the same reasons...lame but effective.

Gives people a taste of what cloaking devices will bring to the game.
Rebellion
Rebellion

Posted - 2003.10.14 01:11:00 - [67]

I have a confession to make.

Since Eve started - nay, even during alpha and beta - we have been using tactics that are not supported by the game engine.

In engagements between equal numbers and classes of ships, one would expect that the outcome would be equal losses. However, due to our exploitation of these tactics, we have always won otherwise equal engagements.

We have been using a similar approach for resource gathering as well as business. Thus allowing us to function independently of any other corporation or entity. Our tactics make Megacyte duplicating look like scrounging for loose change in comparison.

Right now there are other people who have discovered this tactic and they are, to my knowledge, also using it as well. We thought, in the beginning, that everyone would eventually discover it on their own, but unfortunately people have either not found out or are just unwilling to use it to their advantage.

I do also testify that I have not seen Sinister, or CA itself, use these tactics ever. They probably know about it but decide not to use it.

These tactics that are not supported by the game engine, that make otherwise equal engagements imbalanced in favor of those who use it, that have ensured that we always have the resources we need, that allow us to know where all our enemies are, that have always been the deciding factor in each of our victories, that Sinc and CA have never used since the beginning of the conflict... is known as Intelligence. Plain 'ol smarts.

Quote:
inĀtelĀliĀgence ( P ) Pronunciation Key (n-tl-jns)
n.
a. The capacity to acquire and apply knowledge.
b. The faculty of thought and reason.
c. Superior powers of mind. See Synonyms at mind.
2. An intelligent, incorporeal being, especially an angel.

You have not used this as well in making allegations that we are using or doing things that are... just... no... longer... possible.

Unfortunately, CCP cannot fix the game engine to make everyone equal regardless of intelligence. I believe the appropirate term for this is "GG".

GG.
Rebellion
Rebellion
Caldari
Evolution
Band of Brothers

Posted - 2003.10.14 01:11:00 - [68]

I have a confession to make.

Since Eve started - nay, even during alpha and beta - we have been using tactics that are not supported by the game engine.

In engagements between equal numbers and classes of ships, one would expect that the outcome would be equal losses. However, due to our exploitation of these tactics, we have always won otherwise equal engagements.

We have been using a similar approach for resource gathering as well as business. Thus allowing us to function independently of any other corporation or entity. Our tactics make Megacyte duplicating look like scrounging for loose change in comparison.

Right now there are other people who have discovered this tactic and they are, to my knowledge, also using it as well. We thought, in the beginning, that everyone would eventually discover it on their own, but unfortunately people have either not found out or are just unwilling to use it to their advantage.

I do also testify that I have not seen Sinister, or CA itself, use these tactics ever. They probably know about it but decide not to use it.

These tactics that are not supported by the game engine, that make otherwise equal engagements imbalanced in favor of those who use it, that have ensured that we always have the resources we need, that allow us to know where all our enemies are, that have always been the deciding factor in each of our victories, that Sinc and CA have never used since the beginning of the conflict... is known as Intelligence. Plain 'ol smarts.

Quote:
in+tel+li+gence ( P ) Pronunciation Key (n-tl-jns)
n.
a. The capacity to acquire and apply knowledge.
b. The faculty of thought and reason.
c. Superior powers of mind. See Synonyms at mind.
2. An intelligent, incorporeal being, especially an angel.

You have not used this as well in making allegations that we are using or doing things that are... just... no... longer... possible.

Unfortunately, CCP cannot fix the game engine to make everyone equal regardless of intelligence. I believe the appropirate term for this is "GG".

GG.
Xenovetica
Xenovetica

Posted - 2003.10.14 01:32:00 - [69]

The logging trick definitely borders on exploitation. It takes no skill at all, and very minimal communication.

"Okay, we're at the gate/station/satellite... everybody but ____ log off."

"Okay, the enemy is shooting at me, log in!"

Honestly... this is lame. I can't believe that some of the posters here who talk smack about how great they are would have to do this to take out their enemies.

Actually, on second thought, I can believe it.
Xenovetica
Xenovetica
Minmatar
Brutor tribe

Posted - 2003.10.14 01:32:00 - [70]

The logging trick definitely borders on exploitation. It takes no skill at all, and very minimal communication.

Honestly... this is lame. I can't believe that some of the posters here who talk smack about how great they are would have to do this to take out their enemies.

Deathwing
Deathwing

Posted - 2003.10.14 01:48:00 - [71]

WTF is all this logging on stuff
how do you know that those pilots are not just sitting at the jump gate from the next system waiting for you??

Just because they "appear" in local right away after you engage the lone pilot, does not mean that they just logged on ffs

Get a clue Cool

<Stavros> A MAN DRESSED AS SPIDERMAN KICKED MY ASS
Deathwing
Deathwing
Amarr
Evolution
Band of Brothers

Posted - 2003.10.14 01:48:00 - [72]

WTF is all this logging on stuff
how do you know that those pilots are not just sitting at the jump gate from the next system waiting for you??

Just because they "appear" in local right away after you engage the lone pilot, does not mean that they just logged on ffs

Get a clue Cool

<Stavros> A MAN DRESSED AS SPIDERMAN KICKED MY ASS
Xenovetica
Xenovetica

Posted - 2003.10.14 02:20:00 - [73]

Erm... poor attempt there. You can watch people pour into local as they jump in, and almost all of the encounters have been away from the jump-in points. It's blatently obvious when it happens, and it grants an advantage due to out-of-game mechanics. You guys shouldn't have to sink to doing crap like that. You're better than that.
Xenovetica
Xenovetica
Minmatar
Brutor tribe

Posted - 2003.10.14 02:20:00 - [74]

Erm... poor attempt there. You can watch people pour into local as they jump in, and almost all of the encounters have been away from the jump-in points. It's blatently obvious when it happens, and it grants an advantage due to out-of-game mechanics. You guys shouldn't have to sink to doing crap like that. You're better than that.
Homo Erectus
Homo Erectus

Posted - 2003.10.14 02:41:00 - [75]

i said this in the other thread about evol supposedly cheating, so forgive me for repeating myself.

sinister crying about evol's tactics, and crying that we supposedly exploit crap, strikes me as a good signal to all who is really winning this war.

for the longest time, the world of eve thought sinister was some big bad foe. ppl *****ed about them all the time. their lag traps at entry points, stations and gates. they kept doing it. their good close buddies at m0o even openly exploited known bugs.

now, after being chased halfway around the eve universe, still losing the war they started, they are resorting to accusing us of exploitation. they are frowning on us for using 'lame' tactics that 'definitely borders on exploitation'.

it is very clear who is winning this war. when the supposedly almighty wolves of sinister have to resort to such obvious hypocracy.

HOMO I AM SOMEBODY...SOMEBODY WHO SAYS WHAT NO ONE ELSE IN CAREBEAR REALM DARE SAY, YOUR A GREIFER WHO IS A LEGEND IN YOUR OWN MIND! YOU NEED TO WAKE FROM YOUR DILUSION THAT EVERYONE LIKES YOU AND THAT YOUR THE MASTER OF EVE.
- fanboy, Q1 2004
Homo Erectus
Homo Erectus
Amarr
Evolution

Posted - 2003.10.14 02:41:00 - [76]

i said this in the other thread about evol supposedly cheating, so forgive me for repeating myself.

sinister crying about evol's tactics, and crying that we supposedly exploit crap, strikes me as a good signal to all who is really winning this war.

for the longest time, the world of eve thought sinister was some big bad foe. ppl *****ed about them all the time. their lag traps at entry points, stations and gates. they kept doing it. their good close buddies at m0o even openly exploited known bugs.

now, after being chased halfway around the eve universe, still losing the war they started, they are resorting to accusing us of exploitation. they are frowning on us for using 'lame' tactics that 'definitely borders on exploitation'.

it is very clear who is winning this war. when the supposedly almighty wolves of sinister have to resort to such obvious hypocracy.

HOMO I AM SOMEBODY...SOMEBODY WHO SAYS WHAT NO ONE ELSE IN CAREBEAR REALM DARE SAY, YOUR A GREIFER WHO IS A LEGEND IN YOUR OWN MIND! YOU NEED TO WAKE FROM YOUR DILUSION THAT EVERYONE LIKES YOU AND THAT YOUR THE MASTER OF EVE.
- fanboy, Q1 2004
Rebellion
Rebellion

Posted - 2003.10.14 04:47:00 - [77]

All this talk about logging off and logging in remind me of RUS. It also reminds me of how, several weeks back, 8 of us in HLW were up against a visible 14 others in local. When we killed one ship local suddenly exploded to 44 people and the entire system became lagged.

If I remember correctly MASS or EV (I forget which) encountered this thing in one of their first fights with CA.

You need to realize where your reports are coming from Xenovetica (assuming you have no hand in this discreditation attempt yourself). It is far easier for your pilots to say "WTF THEY APPEARED OUT OF NOWHERE" after they got killed by a lone ship of ours acting as bait and an anchor for the rest of the squad to warp to. They would rather say that than "we didn't check the adjacent system and we were too eager about killing a lone ship that we didn't realize that he was just delaying us for the rest of his squad to arrive". The former is easier to say and less embarassing.
Rebellion
Rebellion
Caldari
Evolution
Band of Brothers

Posted - 2003.10.14 04:47:00 - [78]

All this talk about logging off and logging in remind me of RUS. It also reminds me of how, several weeks back, 8 of us in HLW were up against a visible 14 others in local. When we killed one ship local suddenly exploded to 44 people and the entire system became lagged.

If I remember correctly MASS or EV (I forget which) encountered this thing in one of their first fights with CA.

You need to realize where your reports are coming from Xenovetica (assuming you have no hand in this discreditation attempt yourself). It is far easier for your pilots to say "WTF THEY APPEARED OUT OF NOWHERE" after they got killed by a lone ship of ours acting as bait and an anchor for the rest of the squad to warp to. They would rather say that than "we didn't check the adjacent system and we were too eager about killing a lone ship that we didn't realize that he was just delaying us for the rest of his squad to arrive". The former is easier to say and less embarassing.
Javi
Javi

Posted - 2003.10.14 06:17:00 - [79]

k lets see how this works... assuming that we actually do this logging trick:

evol/fa/sa whoever, enters a hostile system with hostiles docked or in safe spot and nobody attacks them...
Quote:

ca goes into a mad feeding frenzy and attacks lone ship...
Quote:

evol/fa/sa logs and all ca ships that are not killed are warping...
Quote:

this coming from an idiot from an idiot alliance who eagerly use any known exploits.
Quote:

idiot?... yup.

--

"well..."

-Estarriol, Evolution AZN Calculat
Javi
Javi
Evolution
Band of Brothers

Posted - 2003.10.14 06:17:00 - [80]

k lets see how this works... assuming that we actually do this logging trick:

evol/fa/sa whoever, enters a hostile system with hostiles docked or in safe spot and nobody attacks them...
Quote:

ca goes into a mad feeding frenzy and attacks lone ship...
Quote:

evol/fa/sa logs and all ca ships that are not killed are warping...
Quote:

this coming from an idiot from an idiot alliance who eagerly use any known exploits.
Quote:

idiot?... yup.
--

-Everyone has a photographic memory, some people just don't have any film..

boeses frettchen
boeses frettchen

Posted - 2003.10.14 06:30:00 - [81]

this so totally reminds me of venal. we did exactly the same there and after almost every kill local was screaming 'exploit'.

its nothing but good coordination and confidence in your enemies stupidity.
boeses frettchen
boeses frettchen
4S Corporation
Morsus Mihi

Posted - 2003.10.14 06:30:00 - [82]

this so totally reminds me of venal. we did exactly the same there and after almost every kill local was screaming 'exploit'.

its nothing but good coordination and confidence in your enemies stupidity.
Jelwar Kurbani
Jelwar Kurbani

Posted - 2003.10.14 06:48:00 - [83]

A few questions, if I may.

CA Representitives:

Do you feel that the possiblity of Evolution and her allies' alleged use of CTD and other exploits are hindering your war effort?

Can you confirm or deny allegations that you have in the past or present used CTD or other such exploits for your own purposes?

Are you considering using said exploits in an attempt to as it were "fight fire with fire"?

Evolution-alligned corporations:

Can you confirm or deny these allegations that you have in the past and currently used CTD or other exploits in this war against the CA allies?

Do you believe that these allegations are mearly a "smoke screen" to taint the image of your side of the war?

How far has Evolution penetrated into CA controlled space?

I apologize if these questions seem redundant, but I'd like to establish official statements that can be accurately quoted upon for further arguements and debate. Set things in stone, so to speak.

Jelwar Kurbani, AP Founder
WE will be there...
The Truth At Any Cost!
Jelwar Kurbani
Jelwar Kurbani
Gallente
Doomheim

Posted - 2003.10.14 06:48:00 - [84]

A few questions, if I may.

CA Representitives:

Do you feel that the possiblity of Evolution and her allies' alleged use of CTD and other exploits are hindering your war effort?

Can you confirm or deny allegations that you have in the past or present used CTD or other such exploits for your own purposes?

Are you considering using said exploits in an attempt to as it were "fight fire with fire"?

Evolution-alligned corporations:

Can you confirm or deny these allegations that you have in the past and currently used CTD or other exploits in this war against the CA allies?

Do you believe that these allegations are mearly a "smoke screen" to taint the image of your side of the war?

I apologize if these questions seem redundant, but I'd like to establish official statements that can be accurately quoted upon for further arguements and debate. Set things in stone, so to speak.

Jelwar Kurbani, AP Founder
WE will be there...
The Truth At Any Cost!
IIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIII

Posted - 2003.10.14 07:25:00 - [85]

heres a quick question you missed;

Is it true that the members of the CA using megacyte/mineral duplication are responsible for the "baby roid" problem currently affecting eve's closed system of distribution?

IIIIIIIII
IIIIIIIII
Gallente
Evolution

Posted - 2003.10.14 07:25:00 - [86]

heres a quick question you missed;

Is it true that the members of the CA using megacyte/mineral duplication are responsible for the "baby roid" problem currently affecting eve's closed system of distribution?

Rebellion
Rebellion

Posted - 2003.10.14 07:30:00 - [87]

One of the reasons why we have decided to annihilate Sinc/RUS/m0o and their pirate allies was their usage of exploits. Evolution does not use exploits. We achieve via creativity what our enemies need exploits to do.

Yes. They are also intended to serve as an alibi to their reluctance to face us in space. As well as setting a stage for future excuses as to why they are capable of losing 17 ships in a single day to our 0.

Evolution is not present in any CA controlled space. CA does not control any space.
Rebellion
Rebellion
Caldari
Evolution
Band of Brothers

Posted - 2003.10.14 07:30:00 - [88]

One of the reasons why we have decided to annihilate Sinc/RUS/m0o and their pirate allies was their usage of exploits. Evolution does not use exploits. We achieve via creativity what our enemies need exploits to do.

Yes. They are also intended to serve as an alibi to their reluctance to face us in space. As well as setting a stage for future excuses as to why they are capable of losing 17 ships in a single day to our 0.

Evolution is not present in any CA controlled space. CA does not control any space.
ProphetGuru
ProphetGuru

Posted - 2003.10.14 11:19:00 - [89]

The folks making the accusations will no doubt not take my word for it, my being FA, but, having flown with evol in curse for a bit, and watching them operate, I can honestly say I have never ever ever once seen this logon/off trick. All you are seeing is planning, experience, and tactics. I've been on their ts, and to be frank, they simply know what they are doing, as opposed to ca not being able to find their own a-s-s with two hands and a map. I am sure ca has some good pilots, and corps, but their seems to be a pretty big lapse in communication and strategy imho. Well, less the strategy is to hide all damn day...
Evolution..... Just when you thought you were winning.

ProphetGuru
ProphetGuru
Gallente
Evolution
Band of Brothers

Posted - 2003.10.14 11:19:00 - [90]

The folks making the accusations will no doubt not take my word for it, my being FA, but, having flown with evol in curse for a bit, and watching them operate, I can honestly say I have never ever ever once seen this logon/off trick. All you are seeing is planning, experience, and tactics. I've been on their ts, and to be frank, they simply know what they are doing, as opposed to ca not being able to find their own a-s-s with two hands and a map. I am sure ca has some good pilots, and corps, but their seems to be a pretty big lapse in communication and strategy imho. Well, less the strategy is to hide all damn day...

GG, only took yas 6 months

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,06s, ref 20240609/1142
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.