Monitor this thread via RSS [?]

Pages: [1] 2 :: one page
Author Thread Statistics | Show CCP posts - 0 post(s)
Feek
Feek

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2004.11.13 20:27:00 - [1]

Morning all.

What's the best Gallente Frigate to use for PvP, and in what role?

I expect many contradictory answers!

Thanks.
Feek
Feek

Take me to the EVE-Online forum thread View author posting habits View only posts by author
Posted - 2004.11.13 20:27:00 - [2]

Morning all.

Thanks.
Feek
Feek
JuBa Corp

Posted - 2004.11.13 20:27:00 - [3]

Morning all.

Thanks.
--

Mao TseTung
Mao TseTung

Posted - 2004.11.13 20:32:00 - [4]

Out of all the Gallente frigs, I would have to say the Taranis is the best PvPer. However, in non-elite frigate terms, your pickings are a little slim. The Incursus would be your best bet, even though it can be a pain in the ass to fit 3x Neutron Blasters. I have also seen some kick-*** Maulus PvPers, as long as you have decent EW skills. If you are looking for a PvP frigate, don't go Gallente. Try a Rifter.
---------

The pen and the sword are inexorably linked.
Mao TseTung
Mao TseTung

Posted - 2004.11.13 20:32:00 - [5]

Out of all the Gallente frigs, I would have to say the Taranis is the best PvPer. However, in non-elite frigate terms, your pickings are a little slim. The Incursus would be your best bet, even though it can be a pain in the ass to fit 3x Neutron Blasters. I have also seen some kick-*** Maulus PvPers, as long as you have decent EW skills. If you are looking for a PvP frigate, don't go Gallente. Try a Rifter.
---------

The pen and the sword are inexorably linked.
Mao TseTung
Mao TseTung
Gallente
Veto.

Posted - 2004.11.13 20:32:00 - [6]

--------------------------------------------------
Chairman Mao
Veto.

Dust Puppy
Dust Puppy

Posted - 2004.11.13 20:34:00 - [7]

Don't expect to many Very Happy I think most people will tell you that an Incursus with a blaster setup is possibly the most lethal t1 frigate. If you are talking about elite to then a blaster taranis is better than Incursus and some I think have had good success with Ares probably because with a mwd it's I think the fastest frigate in game (definitly very high in that list) and with it's 2 launcher hp it doesn't need good tracking to kill it's enemy although a lot slower than Taranis.

Posted - 2004.11.13 20:34:00 - [8]

Don't expect to many Very Happy I think most people will tell you that an Incursus with a blaster setup is possibly the most lethal t1 frigate. If you are talking about elite to then a blaster taranis is better than Incursus and some I think have had good success with Ares probably because with a mwd it's I think the fastest frigate in game (definitly very high in that list) and with it's 2 launcher hp it doesn't need good tracking to kill it's enemy although a lot slower than Taranis.

Posted - 2004.11.13 20:34:00 - [9]

I'd say Tristan, and the role would be mostly jamming, webbing, scrambling and other things that allow small ships to mess with big ones to help their allies with more firepower take them out...
Noriath
Noriath

Posted - 2004.11.13 20:34:00 - [10]

I'd say Tristan, and the role would be mostly jamming, webbing, scrambling and other things that allow small ships to mess with big ones to help their allies with more firepower take them out...
Noriath
Noriath

Posted - 2004.11.13 20:34:00 - [11]

Dust Puppy
Dust Puppy

Posted - 2004.11.13 20:34:00 - [12]

Original Mr Floppyknickers sig
piercer
piercer

Posted - 2004.11.13 20:47:00 - [13]

The Imicus is an underrated ship, fit that with drones, an ab and some blasters or rails anda tech II small shield booster it can kill most frigates.

Thing is they dont expect it, and when u web em, and release the drones they r ******.

Happened to my rifter in a frigate tournament the corp i was in was having, everyone laughed until he beat me !!!
----------------------------------------

(\_/)
(O.o) (> <) This is Bunny. Bunny had an accident. Bunny lost his head.
piercer
piercer

Posted - 2004.11.13 20:47:00 - [14]

The Imicus is an underrated ship, fit that with drones, an ab and some blasters or rails anda tech II small shield booster it can kill most frigates.

Thing is they dont expect it, and when u web em, and release the drones they r ******.

Happened to my rifter in a frigate tournament the corp i was in was having, everyone laughed until he beat me !!!
----------------------------------------

(\_/)
(O.o) (> <) This is Bunny. Bunny had an accident. Bunny lost his head.
piercer
piercer
Minmatar
Total Mayhem.
Maelstrom Alliance

Posted - 2004.11.13 20:47:00 - [15]

Leegion
Leegion

Posted - 2004.11.13 21:33:00 - [16]

Incursus.
Leegion
Leegion

Posted - 2004.11.13 21:33:00 - [17]

Incursus.
Leegion
Leegion
Caldari Provisions

Posted - 2004.11.13 21:33:00 - [18]

Incursus.
Jozef Meurtrier
Jozef Meurtrier

Posted - 2004.11.13 21:34:00 - [19]

I've seen Imicus' use 2 neutron blasters combined with 10 heavy drones in the past..
Hows that for raw frigate firepower? Wink
Jozef Meurtrier
Jozef Meurtrier

Posted - 2004.11.13 21:34:00 - [20]

I've seen Imicus' use 2 neutron blasters combined with 10 heavy drones in the past..
Jozef Meurtrier
Jozef Meurtrier
Star Kingdom of Manticore
Interstellar Alcohol Conglomerate

Posted - 2004.11.13 21:34:00 - [21]

Nabisco Lobstrosity
Nabisco Lobstrosity

Posted - 2004.11.13 23:20:00 - [22]

Originally by: Jozef Meurtrier
Hows that for raw frigate firepower?

That is actually my favorite solo PvP setup. When working in a team of buddies, even three Mauli (one of which being the EW-er) can be a huge pain in the ass. Plus seeing three Mauli working together, well, that just looks plain cool.

If you spend a lot of time by yourself in a Gal frigate, you can't go wrong with railguns and drones either.
[color=red]!probe species -> class *Created
remove(naturalGas)
spcsArbtr * 01
Display("The Created walk among you")[/color]
Nabisco Lobstrosity
Nabisco Lobstrosity

Posted - 2004.11.13 23:20:00 - [23]

That is actually my favorite solo PvP setup. When working in a team of buddies, even three Mauli (one of which being the EW-er) can be a huge pain in the ass. Plus seeing three Mauli working together, well, that just looks plain cool.

If you spend a lot of time by yourself in a Gal frigate, you can't go wrong with railguns and drones either.
remove(naturalGas)
spcsArbtr * 01
Nabisco Lobstrosity
Nabisco Lobstrosity

Posted - 2004.11.13 23:20:00 - [24]

remove(naturalGas)
spcsArbtr * 01
Krulla
Krulla

Posted - 2004.11.13 23:21:00 - [25]

Originally by: piercer

Thats funny, I was actually pondering a setup similar to that.
Krulla
Krulla

Posted - 2004.11.13 23:21:00 - [26]

Krulla
Krulla
Minmatar
Queens of the Stone Age
Anarchy Empire

Posted - 2004.11.13 23:21:00 - [27]

Krulla
Krulla

Posted - 2004.11.13 23:22:00 - [28]

WTB: Imicus with 2500m/3 drone space.
Krulla
Krulla

Posted - 2004.11.13 23:22:00 - [29]

Krulla
Krulla
Minmatar
Queens of the Stone Age
Anarchy Empire

Posted - 2004.11.13 23:22:00 - [30]

Pages: [1] 2 :: one page
First page | Previous page | Next page | Last page

Copyright © 2006-2024, Chribba - OMG Labs. All Rights Reserved. - perf 0,20s, ref 20240606/1754
EVE-Online™ and Eve imagery © CCP.

bitcoin: 1CHRiBBArqpw5Yz7x5KS2RRtN5ubEn5gF

COPYRIGHT NOTICE
EVE Online, the EVE logo, EVE and all associated logos and designs are the intellectual property of CCP hf. All artwork, screenshots, characters, vehicles, storylines, world facts or other recognizable features of the intellectual property relating to these trademarks are likewise the intellectual property of CCP hf. EVE Online and the EVE logo are the registered trademarks of CCP hf. All rights are reserved worldwide. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. CCP hf. has granted permission to EVE-Search.com to use EVE Online and all associated logos and designs for promotional and information purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not in any way affiliated with, EVE-Search.com. CCP is in no way responsible for the content on or functioning of this website, nor can it be liable for any damage arising from the use of this website.